🐈
» Forums » Clients » Attorney letter to take down my job post
Page options
2bf39a55
Community Member

Attorney letter to take down my job post

I have to take down some old job posts. I have a competitor that is pissed that i took screenshots of their public website. They sent me an attorney's letter and its a requirement that some old job posts of mine are removed from upwork. 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Jacob,

We'll reach out to you directly via email for more information about the job you are referring to and discuss possible solutions.

Thanks.

~ Valeria
Upwork

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Jacob,

You can edit or close your job posting and it wont be showing publicly any more. To learn more about this check out this Help Article and follow the instructions listed inside. Thank you!

~ Goran
Upwork

The job post was hired and closed months ago. They are still able to see it. 

Jacob,

Just to clarify, if the job was originally posted publicly, it can be accessed from the client's and freelancer's Work History even after the contract is closed. The posting shouldn't be showing in search after it was closed. If a job was posted as an invite-only, they won't be accessible that way.

~ Valeria
Upwork

It was originally posted as public. They are requesting that I take down the job posting. So I either have to ask you nicely to take the post down, or I have to send a DMCA Takedown Notice to UpWork.com. I want to be nice in dealing with this, but understand they are threatening me with an attorney. It needs to be taken down. 

Jacob,

We'll reach out to you directly via email for more information about the job you are referring to and discuss possible solutions.

Thanks.

~ Valeria
Upwork
bobafett999
Community Member

@Jacob P wrote:

I have to take down some old job posts. I have a competitor that is pissed that i took screenshots of their public website. They sent me an attorney's letter and its a requirement that some old job posts of mine are removed from upwork. 

You should be thankful that he is not suing you - just sending you a take down notice.

**Edited for Community Guidelines*

tlsanders
Community Member

@Jacob P wrote:

Yes, some people get touchy about copyright infringement.

@Tiffany S wrote:

@Jacob P wrote:

Yes, some people get touchy about copyright infringement.

Especially if the job involved creating or modifying a website to be similar to a competitor website.