🐈
» Forums » Clients » Automated job invitates
Page options
koychev_momchil
Community Member

Automated job invitates

I just got a job invite from a client who has sent more than 100 automated invitations. And I've clearly stated at the end of my profile description that I reject non-personalized invitations. What is the point of inviting someone when you haven't even read their profile?

Upwork please, either restrict those people's access to inviting hundreds of freelancers or make them read profile descriptions before inviting freelancers. Or maybe once they click the invite button, give clients a questionnaire of 3-4 questions to answer why they want to hire that particular freelancer. Hope you consider this.

3 REPLIES 3
petra_r
Community Member

Momchil K wrote:

I just got a job invite from a client who has sent more than 100 automated invitations.

There is no such thing.

Momchil K wrote:

And I've clearly stated at the end of my profile description that I reject non-personalized invitations..

Very few clients will read all the way through your overly long overview before inviting you.

Momchil K wrote:

Or maybe once they click the invite button, give clients a questionnaire of 3-4 questions to answer why they want to hire that particular freelancer. Hope you consider this.

No Thanks! I don't want Upwork make clients jump through time-consuming hoops before they invite me. Declining an invite takes mere seconds.

It's not like you're literally drowning in invites, is it?

It doesn't matter whether or not I'm inundated with invites. The matter is that there's no point in inviting you for an interview when they even haven't read your profile. It's spammy and annoying. It wouldn't be a problem for clients who are genuinely interested in you to take 3 minutes out of their time to answer questions or personаlize an invite. I'd rather respond to a client who has taken the time to create a personalized invite. You can't expect from me to do your job with full commitment when you haven't even spent 2-3 minutes personalizing your invite. 

Yes, declining invites takes me mere seconds. But I'd rather decline invites for a real reason. Declining spammy invites is as annoying as it gets.

Momchil K wrote:

It wouldn't be a problem for clients who are genuinely interested in you

Clients are not "genuinely interested in you* in particular and your profile overview is way too long for most clients to read right to the end.

Clients are interested in opening a diagolue with a loose selection of people who appear to fit their criteria, and THEN they will invest time to explore a fit.

Momchil K wrote:

You can't expect from me to do your job with full commitment when you haven't even spent 2-3 minutes personalizing your invite. .

Nobody is expeting you to "do the job" with full committment until you are hired. An invite is only the first step.

By throwing out everyone who hasn't bothered to read all the way through your overly long overview before their eyes glazed over you are likely throwing away good business. 

Latest Articles
Learning Paths