🐈
» Forums » Clients » Re: BYOF
Page options
manisharawani
Community Member

BYOF

Hi, 

I got a freelancer to Upwork via BYOF (Bring your own freelancer). Upwork deducted the money from my account, the work also started. 
However, the freelancer says her profile is still unapproved. How can we solve this? 
Her profile is 100% complete, I know she's genuine. 

The reason I wanted Upwork was to have more designers and have everyone on the same platform. 

I've asked her to contact the forum, but she doesn't have the access to post any questions. Please help. 

6 REPLIES 6
petra_r
Community Member

Manisha R wrote:

I got a freelancer to Upwork via BYOF (Bring your own freelancer). Upwork deducted the money from my account, the work also started. 
However, the freelancer says her profile is still unapproved. How can we solve this? 
Her profile is 100% complete, I know she's genuine. 

The reason I wanted Upwork was to have more designers and have everyone on the same platform. 

You bringing a freelancer does not get their profile approved, but that is of course not your concern, as  the freelancer can work with you anyway. She simply can not work with other clients. As most categories are overcrowded, only 2% of the 10.000 people per day (!) who try to joing Upwork are approved.

This won't affect the contract between you and her though, unless the only reason for the contract was to circumvent the approval process.

I paid her for the project but she says there is no invoice. I have the proof but she sent me her screenshots too. 

Contract ID: 21801660

Hi Manisha,

The funds from Escrow has been released to her and once our 5 days security period is finished the funds will be available on her account. She can view more details about her earnings by going to Reports > Overview. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thanks Goran, that was helpful. 

Also, how can she get her profile approved? Do I have to go through this all the time? That's going to be pain in the neck each time! 

I know she's genuine with skills, and also has a 100% complete profile. Her skills are also in great demand. How can she get her profile approved? 

Hi Manisha,

Since you already hired your freelancer via our program BYOF you will be able to hire exclusively on your contracts at any time.

Your freelancer can update their profile and resubmit it when they are ready, our team will review the profile again and reach out to them directly with the results. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thanks Goran. I think she resubmitted now, this is her profile: https://www.upwork.com/o/profiles/users/_~0129b0cce8e4c5fce9/

I have also sent you a direct message, could you please check? 

Thank you for your help! 

Latest Articles
Learning Paths