🐈
» Forums » Clients » Bad experience from upwork support yesterady!
Page options
3231a1fc
Community Member

Bad experience from upwork support yesterady!

Hi,Dear Upwork Senior tier Moderator:

I just report that I experienced badly from upwork agent support yesterday,I just need a simple urgent phone call from line operator to my target person as I have no freelancer's phone unumber.but agent said she is busy with other client's text typing too and her assigned operator is busy too,let me wait more than half an our,almost an hour that phone is called out.

I request Premium agent's service during the chat,but she said all agents are busy,until now,I am not sure she is Premium service representative or not.

What's more,I just report this from “Get Help” button to hand in my concern,and in Email method,but once I fill in all details,the “confirm” button forward me to another page,letting me fill in all these again,and I cannot retrive my typed text backing the browser.which is a waste time for me.

What's worse,I cannot open “Get Help” button the next time,I am not sure if it broswer problem,as IE may met cookie issue,but Firebox always works!Restart PC and failed again.

I do think upwork need allocate enough agents Thursday and improve online page help system from backend mechanism,these poor performance makes Giant Company ashamed!

10 REPLIES 10
VladimirG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Darryl,

We apologize about the confusion and experience you've had. I see our team followed up on your request during your conversation and updated you regarding their actions. If you need further help feel free to follow up on the same ticket.

Regarding issues with your Customer Support access, I checked your account and can confirm you have access to all of our support channels. Please make sure to select the button outlined in the screenshot below in order to progress to the available support channels. I suspect you might have selected the "Solved" option, which would have redirected you back to the initial step.

SS CL 2019.png

Finally, please note that Internet Explorer is not a supported browser and I'd encourage you to try using one of the supported browsers listed here. Let us know if you need further assistance.

~ Vladimir
Upwork

Dear Vladimir,

Thank you for your prompt reply.

First, referring to Customer Support access,it's not my issue concerned,just feel weird the "Get Help" button in bottom of support page disabled in that period time,it works now and always works,nealy no this disabled status before.

Second, Thursday's agent staff seems need expanding as per my experience yesterday.

All,

Please, note that a few posts have been removed from this thread. 

We'd like to ask our Community members to refrain from starting interpersonal disputes and making personal attacks.

Thanks!

~ Valeria
Upwork

Dear Valeria,

Thank you for your prompt intermediating.

That Guru,you know her name well,I am not willing to mention her name now,but please investigate her profile,you will see suspicious spots.

Anyway,the axing negative feeback from clients can prevent some hardworking feelancer from being hurt, but this cannot be abused,otherise will ruin the biological balance of Upwork Society;Anyway,the too-many-5-stars is suspicious too.

Just kindly alert your world leading enterprise the need to enhance the suspicious reputation auto-detection system.

Thanks.

Why is having too many 5 star reviews suspicious in any way? 

"Fairness is giving all people the treatment they earn and deserve. It doesn't mean treating everyone alike-Coach John Wooden"

Katrina B wrote:

Why stop there? 100% JSS is highly suspicious, because nobody's perfect.

John K wrote:

Katrina B wrote:

Why stop there? 100% JSS is highly suspicious, because nobody's perfect.

A reason, if not the reason, we have a JSS at all is that according to an oDesk study, star ratings were rising (ahem!) hyperbolically, with 5 as a limit. They had become essentially meaningless. So virtually everyone here has a suspiciously high number of 5-star reviews.

That may have been enough for Upwork to run off to Stanford to pay a million bucks (or so?) to have some very smart academics tell them, “Here, we’ve repackaged the Net Promoter Score for you.”

Dear Douglas,

Thank you for your mentioned JSS term,I will recheck this mechenism.

Anway,it's really worthy if Upwork afford huge bucks to build a High-AI controlled reputation system.Indeed reputation database is the core value of Upwork.

3231a1fc
Community Member

Dear John,

Thank you visiting my thread 🙂

Dear Katrina,

No,no

that Guru does completely NOT mean you.

5 stars are ok and a positive thing,overwhelming but with lots of feeback axing,only few 4.6 and 4.8 seems strange.

Overwhelming means almost 100 ones but the axing one are score too,and 4.6,4.8 one are few.

So,obviously,the axing ones are negative but use the upwork rule,the ratio is rational.

The thing is that the abusing of this rule makes Upwork altered,whether this rule should be contained to a more strict judgement.

And all other overwhelming ones shall be triggered backend auto-detection too,which is normal for reputation manupulations prevention.

I am just big Upwork society fan,every member has the basic right to improve Upwork UX and enhance its mechanism.

You can send me PM to retieve that Guru's profile linkage.

Thanks

Latest Articles
Learning Paths