🐈
» Forums » Clients » Re: Ban a Freelancer - Swearing at me
Page options
3fd17bb3
Community Member

Ban a Freelancer - Swearing at me

How do I ban a Freelancer from posting profanity on my messenger because I refuse to hire him? This is crazy. Is this what I can expect from using this site? Help

8 REPLIES 8
prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "Is this what I can expect from using this site?"

This is absolutely NOT what you should expect from this site.

You have done the right thing to post here in the Forum.

Upwork takes this kind of thing seriously and will want to know about this freelancer.

It is quite likely that a Forum Moderator will intervene here and ask for more information, perhaps via private messages.

holymell
Community Member

Wow.

No. That is not what you can expect from this site. I've never cursed or been rude to a client. This is awful.

Why was the freelancer cursing at you? That seems extremely unprofessional.

Report the message where he cursed at you. That sort of freelancer should not be clogging up the platform.

He grew angry because I refused to hire him. He stated he was unable to meet my request and I politely declined his offer and he became angry and started calling me profane names. Welcoome to Day 1 of Upwork for me.  Oh my!!!

petra_r
Community Member

On the message you see a little cog on the right of the message. Click it and choose "report message!"

Then go to the freelancer's profile pic on the left of the same message, and click on it. Choose "Block XYZ"

Done.

message cog.jpg   block.jpg

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Kanteasa,

I'm sorry to hear about your experience. Please send me the private message with details of freelancer you are referring to, and screenshots of messages sent to you so that appropriate actions can be taken. Thanks

~ Bojan
Upwork
3fd17bb3
Community Member

Please see attached. This freelancer referred to me as a **Edited for community guidelines** because I refused his offer. He deleted the response when I told him that I would report him.

He could not meet my request and offer a different service and I told him no he was trying to take advantage of me.

He did not want to perform service at his hourly rate, but wanted to charge me per line item an enourmous fee

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for bringing this to our attention Kanteasa, our team is looking into this and will review the freelancer and will take action as per our internal processes.

~ Bojan
Upwork

I understand Melissa's curiosity about what led to this, and I appreciate the original poster for being willing to provide background information.

But just to clarify something: There is no justifiable "why" for this type of behavior.

There is nothing that this client or any client on Upwork could do that would excuse this type of unprofessional and unethical behavior on the part of an Upwork freelancer.

I sincerely hope that Upwork will do everything possible to remove this freelancer from the platform. There are many wonderful freelancers here consistently who exhibit polite, professional behavior. Even in the face of disappointment. We do not need somebody like this swearing freelancer on Upwork.

Latest Articles
Learning Paths