cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best Candidate?

Aaron S Member Since: Jun 10, 2016
1 of 32

Why does Upwork say the best candidate for my job is someone with 0 hours worked and 0 jobs completed?

Community Guru
Christy A Member Since: Dec 30, 2015
2 of 32

On the freelancers profile, do they have open, fixed-rate contracts?  Or just no job history at all?

I sometimes receive odd recommendations, as well.  I tend to just overlook those and view applicant profiles only.

Community Guru
John K Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
3 of 32

Is the candidate at least designated as a 'Rising Talent'?

4 of 32

Nope, there are no specific tags for this candidate. I just got an email saying they were the best candidate and they are also the only candidate the shows when searching recommended candidates. They do NOT have the blue recommended tag though.

5 of 32

I take that back, they do have the blue recommended tag. They have 0 jobs and 0 tests but 5 portfolio items.

6 of 32

Nothing at all

17 of 32

I did receive an email that said they were the best candidate. They are also the only candidate in my recommended list when I search by recommended. I am new to this so I was hoping that maybe I was just missing something and someone could point it out. I guess this may just be a bug or something?

Community Guru
Rahul V Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
17 of 32

i mean to say did you get an emails for each proposal posted or just the best candidates? it is really sad to see when freelancers are filtered without any geniune reason

17 of 32

I got emails for recommended candidates only.

Community Guru
Christy A Member Since: Dec 30, 2015
17 of 32

But you did receive the proposals from applicants who may not necessarily have been "Recommended", correct?

When I'm hiring, I tend to completely disregard the auto emails that I receive about this freelancer or that freelancer. I only pay attention to the profiles of people who have submitted actual proposals.  

do receive an email alert when someone submits a proposal, and I find that information valuable.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS