🐈
» Forums » Clients » Beware emails from **
Page options
Community Member

Beware emails from **

***Community Guidelines: refer to title for names (and attached screenshot if not removed)***

When I posted looking for my first contracts freelancer, the designing of a new website on a new domain; I recieved an email from **Edited for Community Guidelines **at my new email address associated with my domain.  He was trying to bid for the contract outside of upwork.

I've searched upwork up and down but cannot find his account to flag it.  I also recieved 2 other users requesting to do the work the same way but I found them and was able to flag the account.

Those were **Edited for Community Guidelines**

I'm posting this to make users aware that, if contacted in this fashion, it is

definitely against the terms of service of upwork.com
**Edited for Community Guidelines**
@iNihil
ACCEPTED SOLUTION
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Pseudo,

Thank you for reporting this and for making Upwork a safer place. 
Our team has also followed up with you via ticket and email with additional information. Feel free to follow up directly on your ticket with number 31024589 if you would like to share any additional information. You can access your tickets on this Link, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Pseudo,

Thank you for reporting this and for making Upwork a safer place. 
Our team has also followed up with you via ticket and email with additional information. Feel free to follow up directly on your ticket with number 31024589 if you would like to share any additional information. You can access your tickets on this Link, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Why have the names been left in the title? 

All gone Kim - but I wonder if I would want to work for someone called Pseudo? 

And just like that, Pseudo is no longer available.  I miss all the good stuff.

petra_r
Community Member

Pseudo D wrote:

I've searched upwork up and down but cannot find his account to flag it.  I also recieved 2 other users requesting to do the work the same way but I found them and was able to flag the account.

It's possible that person doesn't have an Upwork account, whic his why you could not find him on Upwork. In future, don't include your domain name or any other identifying details on your job post.

Mary W wrote:

And just like that, Pseudo is no longer available.  I miss all the good stuff.

It's a client profile, they always look that way

Latest Articles
Learning Paths