🐈
» Forums » Clients » Re: Big Discrepancy Between Transaction Histo...
Page options
eb007cbe
Community Member

Big Discrepancy Between Transaction History, Mint, and My Spreadsheet

Hello everyone,

Over the past few years I've been using Upwork, Mint, and spreadsheets to keep track of my Freelancers, what I spend on them, and the profit they bring in. The system worked for me, or so I thought.

I've recently discovered there is a huge discrepency between what My spreadsheet (which doesn't account for trasnaction fees), mint, and Upwork's Transaction History page say I've paid my Freelancers.

For example, if I do all of 2019 so far I get the following:

Spreadsheet: $13,272.57

Mint: $13,503

Upwork: $16,080.66 (credit/debit)

Can anyone help explain this?

Does anyone recommend a better system?

Thank you!

10 REPLIES 10
m_sharman
Community Member

I am not an accounting/finance person, so please take my thoughts with a grain of salt...It may have something to do with when you pay something and when the FL receives it.

For instance, if I work the last two weeks of December, for an hourly contract, I won't receive that money until January. 

In addition, it looks like you have spent enough money the transaction fees need to be factored in to the money given to upwork - unless that 16K already has them removed.

That said, I have no idea how to reconcile any of this that doesn't involve an unpleasant excel experience. 

Mint displays my transactions from my bank, credit, and PayPal accounts.

In order to simplify everything I took a look at my credit card statements, which has been the only way I've paid my freelancers, from April 1st of this year until now and got this:

CC Statement: $9,656.43

Upwork TH: $11,526.93 (credit/debit)

Whatever the discrepency shows, it doesn't appear that I'm being charged all of what Upwork is showing.

petra_r
Community Member

thinking outside the box for a minute...

All your records are in US Dollars?

eb007cbe
Community Member

Yes. Perhaps I should double check.

Hi Gabe,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket with more details and assist you further regarding your transactions. You can access your tickets on this Link, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Goran,

I see no new ticket in my list but I very much look forward to someone reaching out to me about this.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Gabe,

I apologize for the delay in receiving an update. I'll go ahead and follow up with the team handling your case and you can expect one of our agents to reach out to you directly via support ticket as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience.

~ Bojan
Upwork
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Gabe, 

I checked the computation you are referring to on your account. If I am correct, you are referring to this page. The computation noted here includes the payment processing fees that were debited to your billing method too which is why there is a discrepancy on the amount. 

I hope this is the answer you were looking for. Let me know if I can assist you further.

~ Avery
Upwork
petra_r
Community Member

Avery O wrote:

The computation noted here includes the payment processing fees that were debited to your billing method too which is why there is a discrepancy on the amount. 

I hope this is the answer you were looking for. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Payment processing fees on $ 11,526 is 356.78.

The difference noted is $ 1870 so that can't possibly be it.

eb007cbe
Community Member

It is as Petra says, the difference is too high.

Also, I looked at the credit card I've used to pay since April of this year and set my Upwork transaction history to those dates and there is still a discrepency. So, at the very least it doesn't seem like I'm actually paying that amount.

Latest Articles
Learning Paths