🐈
» Forums » Clients » Billed for too many hours to do a task and st...
Page options
6a91a1a4
Community Member

Billed for too many hours to do a task and still not complete

I asked a woman to do 4 tasks for me and I expected that they would be done in about 7 hours, which I paid the first week.  She only complete one task, which would have taken less than an hour, and did a little work on another two tasks, which she misunderstood the task and got it wrong.  Now she has charge me another 16 hours and she is no closer to completing the tasks.  What should I do?

1 REPLY 1
kat303
Community Member

Jacinta L wrote:

I asked a woman to do 4 tasks for me and I expected that they would be done in about 7 hours, which I paid the first week.  She only complete one task, which would have taken less than an hour, and did a little work on another two tasks, which she misunderstood the task and got it wrong.  Now she has charge me another 16 hours and she is no closer to completing the tasks.  What should I do?

-----------------

Close the contract and hire another freelancer. You are under NO obligation to continue working with this freelancer. You can end a contract at any time and for any reason you want. 

I'm assuming that your job was an hourly job. On hourly jobs a freelancer should be using Upwork's Tracker. The tracker takes screen shots of the freelancer's computer every XX minutes. Have you checked those screen shots? Are they showing that the freelancer is working on your job? Is there normal (keystroke) activity being shown?

At the beginning of the week, you have 4 days in which to look over the Trackers screenshots. You do not have to pay for the hours if you see screen shots where the freelancer is doing something else. Or if the activity if almost non existent. You also do not have to pay for any manual hours that the freelancer enters. 

Latest Articles
Learning Paths