cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Billing in local currency

Highlighted
Shaad K Member Since: Feb 17, 2017
1 of 7
Is it possible to download a statement of payments made to freelancers in my local currency, Australian dollars?
Highlighted
Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
2 of 7

Hi Shaad,

Please note that all the payments are processed in USD and the invoices reflect this currency.

Highlighted
Mark W Member Since: Jan 19, 2020
3 of 7

I just read a help article (Screenshot attached below) from UpWork that said the invoice has the US dollar currency and the local currency - however, this is not the case, and the article is misleading

How can we get the invoice with both the US dollar amount and the local (UK) currecy that is charged to the card for our accounts?

Highlighted
Aleksandar D Moderator Member Since: Mar 23, 2019
4 of 7

Hi Mark,

Thanks for reaching out to us. I checked and it seems that the Local Currency is already displaying on your account. To view invoices with the local currency, please go to Transaction History, click on the Ref ID and the local currency will show up on the popup window and also in the PDF file for the invoice.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Untitled
Highlighted
David F Member Since: May 19, 2020
5 of 7

Hey, sorry to hijack the topic but I'm also trying to display my local currency on my invoices (euros).

Some weeks there may be a huge number of invoices to process, these double up as Upwork's commission fee comes in a separate invoice (which goes under expenses, and also needs to be converted to local currency)... It would save literally hours per week on mundane currency conversion if there was an option to automatically display the conversion on the invoice for a particular chosen local currency.

Aleksander, I followed your instructions and in my pop-up I'm only seeing rates displayed as $USD. Could I be missing something somewhere else?

Highlighted
Community Guru
Andrei T Member Since: Aug 30, 2016
6 of 7

David F wrote:

[...] Could I be missing something somewhere else?

Upwork charges you in USD. Your bank applies whatever conversion rate they see fit and debits the resulting amount from your account. It then sends Upwork the correct amount in USD. Upwork does not know - and does not care - how much you're actually charged in AUD / EUR / peanuts.

IIRC you can authorize Upwork to do the conversion themselves and charge your card in your local currency. But you don't want to do that, you'll get a better deal from your bank. 

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
7 of 7

Andrei T wrote:

David F wrote:

[...] Could I be missing something somewhere else?

Upwork charges you in USD. Your bank applies whatever conversion rate they see fit and debits the resulting amount from your account. It then sends Upwork the correct amount in USD. Upwork does not know - and does not care - how much you're actually charged in AUD / EUR / peanuts.

IIRC you can authorize Upwork to do the conversion themselves and charge your card in your local currency. But you don't want to do that, you'll get a better deal from your bank. 

He's a freelancer and was talking about his freelancing income.

They can not be displayed in any currency other than US Dollars.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS