cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Billing

Nicholas D Member Since: Feb 11, 2017
1 of 5

I am new to upwork. I hired a freelancer from India. When I went to bed he logged 2 hours. When I woke up he was up to 12 hours. The message response time is slow. I get the feeling that although a diary is being completed that maybe some of these freelancers are working many jobs. Does Upwork allow them to be running multiple job diaries at one time? If so then in reality they are not earning those hours just for my job. I have not seen work so it may be just the very best. I am just curious. Thank you.

Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
BEST ANSWER
2 of 5

Hi Nicholas,

Freelancers can work on multiple contract but can only log hours on one contract at a time. if you're seeing any segments in your Work Diary that are not related to your contract, please contact your freelancer for an explanation, pause the contract in case you want to prevent any more hours from being logged and if you can't resolve the problem, file a dispute on your Hourly contract. Note that you can also set a limit for the number of hours your freelancer can log in a single week.

Please review these resources in order to understand how to review the Work Diary and how Hourly contracts work. Feel free to follow up on this thread with any other questions or concerns you might have.

3 of 5

Hello Vladimir!

Thank you for this informative response. It was very helpful. I am having a problem but trying to manage. Because I have no experience in WordPresss it is impossible for me to accurately evaluate the progress that has been made. I do feel that the progress is not good and that portions of the diary were logged with far more hours than the product that I see. To ensure my feelings were correct I reached out to two candidates that had applied for this position. I did not share names or usernames. I did however, share aspects of the diary and the product. From both experienced freelancers I am being told exactly what I am feeling. That the time does not match the product. Both folks encouraged me to reach out and try to resolve with my freelancer. I know this is always best but I am not overly happy with the quality on top of evertyhing. Initially, I requested a quote or estiamte of hours and it came in at 15 hours. This was what another candiadate quoted too. We are already at 14 hours and not much is complete. I have been worrying about this for a day now. May I please ask for your suggestions?

Thank you,

Nicholas D

Highlighted
Community Guru
Christy A Member Since: Dec 30, 2015
4 of 5

I would suggest you immediately pause the contract so no more hours can be billed.  Then, reach out to the freelancer to figure out what (if anything) they've actually done.  If what they provide is not to your satisfaction, close the contract and provide appropriate feedback.

This is one of my pet peeves and, luckily, I've only run into the problem a couple of times. You have an abundance of high quality freelancers on the site. There is zero reason for you to stick with one who is potentially ripping you off.

Find someone with great feedback and experience on the platform and keep in mind that quality work is often more expensive than what you might have anticipated. That said, having someone qualified is doing the work can potentially save you tons of money in the long run.

5 of 5

Thank you very much this was super helpful. : )

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS