cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Billing

Highlighted
Lyndon M Member Since: Feb 12, 2010
1 of 8
I am confused on my billing. The freelancer that I am using makes $41.11 per hour. This past week he worked 20.30 hours which comes out to $842.76 I am not sure why I am being billed $1253.86 by ODesk. Is there some sort of pre payment for ongoing work? $411.10 difference is a lot more than the 10% I thought I was paying to ODesk. Can someone explain? THanks
Highlighted
Community Guru
Heather H Member Since: May 9, 2011
2 of 8
I can understand your confusion, the first thing you should do is contact support. Your billing could be for a variety of reasons. Have you double checked that there are not more than 20.30 hours? There could be more actual hours on the time sheet than shows right away, though your itemized email should tell you exactly how much is being charged and by whom. Have you hired or paid another contractor in the past 24 hours or so? If so, often hourly payments and manual payments, even to other contractors will be billed at once, though again, you should be able to see on your itemized billing email exactly where your charges are coming from. You can also go into the "reports" section on your client account. From there you will be able to view all of your transactions and charges to help you identify the source. I hope this helps.
Highlighted
Community Guru
Heather H Member Since: May 9, 2011
3 of 8
I hope the OP saw this post. I just got a message that my comment does not follow guidlines, I am not sure what about my post is offensive, telling the client to contact support? telling them to look at their billing email? telling them to look in their reports section? I mean really, WTF- if you find it offensive, then you are obviously not paid well enough to learn how to read.
Highlighted
Exp U Member Since: Oct 29, 2014
4 of 8
I can see nothing there that isn't on-point and helpful. New mod - maybe she pressed the 'punish' switch by accident.
Highlighted
Community Guru
Stephen B Member Since: Dec 4, 2012
5 of 8
maybe there's a new mad robot algorithm that randomly rejects posts as offensive, regardless of what they contain...
Highlighted
Community Guru
Reynaldo M Member Since: Aug 4, 2012
6 of 8
Someone is also doing some house cleaning. I got email notification some days ago regarding my comments on a couple of sleeping threads which were supposed to be offensive, it about the World wide Salary cap guy. And quite a lot of old threads being updated..... As with the reply, whats offensive in providing the right direction to resolve the OP's concerns?
Highlighted
Community Guru
Marcia M Member Since: Apr 3, 2013
7 of 8
Yeah, I got a separate email about every post I made on that thread.
Highlighted
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
8 of 8
Hello Heather! Thank you very much for giving very helpful recommendations to the OP. As always your contribution to this community is significant and appreciated. Nothing about your post was wrong. However, there was a duplicate comment which was removed. Sorry about the confusion again.
~ Valeria
Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS