🐈
» Forums » Clients » Bonus Payment pending after 3 days
Page options
ahamedrusaik
Community Member

Bonus Payment pending after 3 days

I have finished a project for a client and he paid me wit the bonus only. (No milestones even). But the payment status is showed as Pendin for 3 days. Can anyone check wheter he paid me or not ?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Rusaik A wrote:

But it has been more than 5 days for the bonus payment. And it is still pending. Please clarify this. 

Go to your "Reports > Pending" page

Can you see a date in the left hand column next to the bonus?

If yes, that's the date the money will become available (when a bonus is paid along with a released milestone, the milestone often becomes available a day before the bonus, because the funds for the milestone were already in escrow and the bonus had to first be charged).

If there is no date and it just says "pending" in the left-hand column of your Reports > Pending page, then the bonus was never actually paid yet. (payment method repeatedly declined).

One of your recently closed contracts was an hourly contract, but seems to have been paid via bonus, with no hours logged? Is that correct? The client hired another freelancer for the same job and there were also no hours logged and payment "made" via a bonus. Is that the contract in question? $180?

That is a VERY risky way to get paid, because it doesn't offer the payment protection of either an hourly or a fixed-rate contract. If the client fails to pay the bonus, there is nothing anyone can do about it.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
PradeepH

Hi Rusaik,

Thank you for your message. I see that your bonus payment is under pending status. Please note that all payments received on the contract must complete 5 days standard security period before it is available for withdrawal. You can refer to the Report page for more information.

Thank you.

Pradeep

Upwork
ahamedrusaik
Community Member

The bonus payment is still pending. I have recieved othe payments which were paid for the jobs after 5 days. But it has been more than 5 days for the bonus payment. And it is still pending. Please clarify this. 

Thanks

Rusaik A wrote:

But it has been more than 5 days for the bonus payment. And it is still pending. Please clarify this. 

Go to your "Reports > Pending" page

Can you see a date in the left hand column next to the bonus?

If yes, that's the date the money will become available (when a bonus is paid along with a released milestone, the milestone often becomes available a day before the bonus, because the funds for the milestone were already in escrow and the bonus had to first be charged).

If there is no date and it just says "pending" in the left-hand column of your Reports > Pending page, then the bonus was never actually paid yet. (payment method repeatedly declined).

One of your recently closed contracts was an hourly contract, but seems to have been paid via bonus, with no hours logged? Is that correct? The client hired another freelancer for the same job and there were also no hours logged and payment "made" via a bonus. Is that the contract in question? $180?

That is a VERY risky way to get paid, because it doesn't offer the payment protection of either an hourly or a fixed-rate contract. If the client fails to pay the bonus, there is nothing anyone can do about it.

Yes, the $180 contract is the one i have the question. Its is not showing any date in left hand column but only pending text is there. 

Thank you for the clarification. 

Rusaik A wrote:

Yes, the $180 contract is the one i have the question. Its is not showing any date in left hand column but only pending text is there. 

Thank you for the clarification. 

Unfortunately, that means the client never paid. I would hazard a bet the other freelancer he hired the same way was never paid either.

In future, if you accept an hourly contract, *DO* track your time so you are protected, or only work fixed rate contracts with funded milestones. 

As you can see, when you mix the two (fixed rate and hourly) - there is the potential of things going wrong. There is a degree of payment protection on Upwork if you use it correctly. Unfortunately, you didn't.

Latest Articles
Learning Paths