cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Budget on fixed price jobs sucks Upwork-style!

Community Leader
Valerio S Member Since: Oct 13, 2017
11 of 16

I have set-up my filters to just consider jobs with a minimum budget of 50$, the reason is that in my field there are far too many job posts with a budget of 5 to 25$, and it's a huge waste of time to filter them out hoping to find the one that says "this budget is a placeholder".

Community Guru
Richard W Member Since: Jun 22, 2017
12 of 16

I filter out jobs under $100.

Two alternatives to a $5 placeholder: a $1,000,000 placeholder, or post the job as hourly. Obviously, in either case, make it very clear at the start of the description that this is just a placeholder.

Community Guru
Sanja D Member Since: Dec 18, 2013
13 of 16

Rene K wrote:

Robin H wrote:

What's wrong with newbies?  They could be awesome freelancers.  

Oh, I agree. It's just that so far, I'm getting only bozos. A tiny amount of bozos. When you put $5, people don't ever look at your job post.

experienced freelancers will know that the budget is a placeholder.... however, a few days ago, I applied to job with $5 budget. client wanted 3 logos made, so, naturally, I thought the budget was a placeholder. turned out - it wasn't. wasted connects (well, only two) and spent the rest of the evening laughing...

Ace Contributor
Chris P Member Since: Dec 4, 2015
14 of 16

So, to sum up all of the above comments, the 'budget' field available to clients posting new jobs has never been satisfactory from day one, has never been reconsidered in the meantime and will likely never be revisited again by the decision-makers upstairs.

Which, in turn, leads to such the faulty metric upon which paid connects are based, much to the dissatisfaction of all parties involved.

Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
15 of 16

re: "...and will likely never be revisited again by the decision-makers upstairs."

I'm holding out hope.

I have been using this platform since 2014.

I have seen MANY positive changes here that originated with requests and discussions among users.

Community Guru
Rene K Member Since: Jul 10, 2014
16 of 16

Preston H wrote:

I have seen MANY positive changes here that originated with requests and discussions among users.

It's rare. The odds for this happening are best described by the Schrödinger's equation. And also, when this happens, like a wish granted by an evil genius it almost always comes with a corrupted and twisted addition that makes you regret having asked in the first place.

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS