🐈
» Forums » Clients » Re: Bug? New "Need additional reports?" upgra...
Page options
cbeckley
Community Member

Bug? New "Need additional reports?" upgrade to Upwork Plus offer blocks regular reports

I am unable to review reports because of this new "Need additional reports?" upgrade to Upwork Plus offer. There is only 'upgrade' and 'learn more' and no way to dismiss and see regular reports that I have always had access to. If I click 'learn more' there is an option to dismiss, but it still goes back to the original message blocking access to the regular reports. Someone please help me get past this. It must be a bug.

6 REPLIES 6
yitwail
Community Member

Chris, I’m afraid the popup you speak of is working as designed. The only way I’m aware of to circumvent it is to upgrade to plus membership. I’m not an Upwork employee so cannot provide you a justification for it.

So you are saying that you think that I am no longer able to pull basic reports without upgrading?

I have been using this for years and been using those reports with no issue. This is a new thing Upwork just sprung on everyone?  How is somone supposed to be able to manage their team and inform their managers and clients without these basic reports? I should be able to see somehting as simple as how many hours a project was worked on by a specific Upworker without upgrading, wouldn't you agree?

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Chris, 

While the Work Diary no longer appears in your Reports tab, you still have access to view it and all contract details on a contract-by-contract basis in the Contract Room. You can access the Contract Room from two places: My Jobs > Contracts for active contracts or Jobs > All Contracts.

To access your Transactions page, please hover your mouse over the "Reports" tab, and then click on "Transactions."

The Weekly Summary report is now only available for Upwork Client Plus customers. However, Upwork Client Basic customers will still be able to see their weekly transactions through the Weekly Summary email. For more information, please visit this Help Center article.

~ Avery
Upwork
cbeckley
Community Member

Thanks for getting back to me, but that certainly seems unfair.

When I go to Contracts and view a worker's 'work diary' I get individual days. So you are telling me that in order to get the the basic information of how many hours a worker worked on a given project (or Activity Code) in the last month, I have to view individual days for each worker and add them up manually?

Aside from that, I also no longer have access to my Activity Codes under Budgets. I have numerous Activity Codes that we use and need to edit and update them from time to time. Now those are just un-editable unless I upgrade? These are very basic management tools that I have lost and feel like I am being railroaded into purchasing them back.

If I can't keep track of the hours that each worker completes for each Activity Code, then this entire system is flawed. We are already paying a percentage to Upwork for the service  every time we pay a worker, so it seems very unfair to tack on an additional fee just to allow me to do very basic management of those workers.

I understand that you are a Moderator and not necessarily an employee of Upwork, but if you have any path to a Customer Service Manager, I would very much appreciate you have them contact me about this ASAP. Thanks!

c7fc7561
Community Member

"The Weekly Summary report is now only available for Upwork Client Plus customers."

Well, making free features premium without a valid reason or any added value and without prior notice is a terrible business decision from your side—in my opinion.

Same applies to allowing only 5 direct contacts with freelancers per job posted now. What is the reason behind that decision? That will only benefit big agencies and will not help raising talent any more.

Really disappointing altogether.

I 1000% agree with you Marco. This decsion can only be kindly refrerenced as brain fart at best.

To classify viewing your workers hours with 2 clicks as a primumun feature worthy of $50 a month, is BEYOND my compreshension as a good business decision.

I can not advise your executive team, but I can vote with my dollars, and am starting to move new jobs off UW to more friendlier grounds. The sheer gall of how you crowbared this memebership model for clients was such a novice mistake that it make me wonder what kind of outsourced consultants are running things at UW.

Latest Articles
Learning Paths