🐈
» Forums » Clients » Bug affecting invites from being received?
Page options
13b0bd5e
Community Member

Bug affecting invites from being received?

Hi Everyone, 

Is anyone aware of a bug affecting invitations from being received (or an issue with notifications)?

I created a job last week and invited some very relevant freelancers (2 or so end of last week and another 3 yesterday.  

I've spent close to 10k in the last year and a half on Upwork, exclusively through private jobs that I've invited freelancers to submit proposals for.

There haven't been replies from any of them.   The two that I sent the proposals to last week, each have $100k+ earnings on upwork, and my average hourly rate paid is in line with what they have indicated.  Similar situation with the three invited yesterday (one of those three invited yesterday actually was showing online/green when I sent the invite and for an hour afterwards, as well.  

I'm not complaining about not getting replies (whether accepts or declines), and I realize that it hasn't been sooo long - just to not have a reply from ANY of the invitees is definitely very different from previous experiences that I've had so far.  Coupled with the fact that I'm not sure why I am able to send more than 3 invites for a single job (my understanding was the grandfathering for existing clients has ended, and I did not upgrade), and I thought that it may perhaps be a bug.   Oh, and apparently there have been some bugs with invites/notifications in the last year.  

1 REPLY 1
kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Hi Michael,

I checked a few freelancers that you invited to the jobs you currently have open and I could confirm that notifications were delivered, both notifications on their Upwork account and email notifications. I'll also be checking with our engineers to see if they are aware of any issues with invites notifications.

As for your second question, there can be several reasons why a client is able to invite more than three freelancers to submit a proposal to their job post. For example, the client may have upgraded to a Plus or Business membership plan, posted a Featured Job or an invite-only job.

~ Valeria
Upwork
Latest Articles
Learning Paths