Top Solution Authors
User Accepted Solutions Count
Top Kudoed Members
Featured Contributor

Can I hire a contractor for two different contracts at the same time?

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
1 Posts

Can I hire a contractor for two different contracts at the same time?

[ Edited ]
I know that there has to be a way to do this... but I can't see to figure it out on my own. I want to do it because the provider has several different skill sets, but we pay less for one of the tasks than we do for the other. I have two different job openings for them. He is currently hired for one of the jobs, but I want to be able to have him hired for both at the same time, so he can just log time to the appropriate job without my having to end the first assignment and rehire with a higher rate. Any thoughts? I thought that creating a different team room would facilitate this, but it doesn't.
1 Posts

You can only hire the same

[ Edited ]
You can only hire the same provider once per teamroom. If create a new team room and post a new job, you can then hire the same provider. When the provider logs in to track time, they will have to select which teamroom (for which job) they want to log hours to. To create a new team, go to Manage Work > Create a New Team (bottom, right column) Once you have the new team created, you can post a new job and select the new team from the team dropdown menu, then proceed to invite the provider. Currently, this is the only way to hire the same provider for 2 different projects.

Danalyn West, oDesk Marketing
Follow oDesk on Twitter and Facebook

1 Posts

Provider for two different assignments

[ Edited ]
IMHO, this topic should be pinned. This situation came up with a buyer just a few minutes ago (at the time of this writing). She wanted to hire me for a different job. Posting another job and hiring me for it doesn't work as she already hired me for a job. Good thing is that I read about this post couple of days days ago and I scrambled to look for this post so I could assist her. Creating a different team is the way to do it. Very helpful information. Should be pinned for buyers (and maybe pinned for providers too so they could assist the buyers how to).
1 Posts

problem:two jobs, same provider - solution ->2 buyer team rooms.

[ Edited ]
i was in the very same situation just a few days ago. i did not see this post. i had to ask the buyer to cancel the first job and then place both jobs in one job post and invite me. this will most likely happen with buyers who have blogs or websites and they need content for the site as well. there are providers who can set up blogs and do content at the same time. i am suggesting to oDesk to prominently display this in the Provider and Buyer how to. I am sure this situation has been the case with many oDesk users. IMHO.
1 Posts

Same same....

[ Edited ]
The same thing happened to me just today....I am in total agreement with you on this and whoever brought up this topic.... Many Thanks!
1 Posts

I agree

[ Edited ]
I agree with qizwing
1 Posts

accpte work

[ Edited ]
[quote=paul_d]IMHO, this topic should be pinned. This situation came up with a buyer just a few minutes ago (at the time of this writing). She wanted to hire me for a different job. Posting another job and hiring me for it doesn't work as she already hired me for a job. Good thing is that I read about this post couple of days days ago and I scrambled to look for this post so I could assist her. Creating a different team is the way to do it. Very helpful information. Should be pinned for buyers (and maybe pinned for providers too so they could assist the buyers how to).[/quote]
1 Posts

The contract system is confusing

[ Edited ]
I love oDesk and it has become essential to the way I work, but I find the UI confusing and counter-intuitive. I can see no reason at all why I shouldn't have multiple contracts with a given contractor. They should be completely independent. The kludge of creating multiple team rooms is just not good enough. While I'm at it, there should be an option to invite one of my regular contractors to an invite-only contract. Right now you have to make sure you've saved them (this isn't automatic for regulars), then search, then go to saved contractors, then go into the contractor and click contact. Ridiculous! Simon
1 Posts

agreed

[ Edited ]
We agree. This is an architectural constraint in our system that we are trying to lift. On your last point, you can "rehire" from the "Ended" tab on the Contracts tab. This will take you to the "Make Offer" screen and you can send a dedicate private offer just for them. Michael
Power Member
584 Posts

yes i am interesting

[ Edited ]
contact me with info