cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I hire a contractor for two different contracts at the same time?

dotnetexpertt
spark s Member Since: Jul 8, 2010
21 of 51
Hi everyone i am new to Odesk please can you explain this notification "Cancelled - Filled by alternate source" this i saw on a project i applied for senior members please clarify it thanks
nvjaters
Nicole V Member Since: Dec 12, 2006
22 of 51
"Cancelled - Filled by alternate source" just means that the Employer cancelled their job posting and selected "Filled by alternate source" as the reason for cancelling. They may have posted the job at other freelancing sites and hired someone from one of the other sites, or they may have found someone locally to do the job, or they may have decided to just do it themselves, etc.
horrorgoogle
Dharma K Member Since: Jan 10, 2011
23 of 51
How can i post my project for your site. how do you fix the my project cost. i don't have any idea for bid the project.please help me and give any suggestion for that. Thank you.
marnjeff
Marney J Member Since: Jan 19, 2011
24 of 51
Hi, I employed a lady to do two different jobs....very frustrating she accepted one task, then completed the other!!!! Now i have paid for two jobs and only received one lot of work!!!! NOT HAPPY! I joined Odesk only last week to start on my outsourcing journey. Can anyone tell me how to sor this out? marnjeff
jpittenger
Jacqueline P Member Since: Jan 7, 2008
25 of 51
First, talk with the contractor directly to attempt to sort out this confusion. If you need further assistance you can contact Customer Support.
marnjeff
Marney J Member Since: Jan 19, 2011
26 of 51
I closed the job and left a comment that she completed the wrong task to the job description and she sent me an 'option to change comment' email! So from this I dont think she is going to refund. What now? marnjeff
jpittenger
Jacqueline P Member Since: Jan 7, 2008
27 of 51
Leaving a negative feedback comment isn't the same thing as trying to talk to the contractor about the issue. My recommendations remain the same. Talk to the contractor. Then contact Customer Support if things can't be worked out. If this was hourly, you may also be eligible to file a dispute.
v-pitch
Laura N Member Since: May 5, 2011
28 of 51
This is so frustrating. I didn't know that you had to create teams to hire the same person for more than one job at a time. Then I created the teams and it is still not working. I am pretty surprised that this is not resolved. I am super frustrated and my contractor is probably not very happy either.
barbarawright
Barbara W Member Since: Nov 16, 2007
29 of 51
Laura, I am sorry you are so frustrated. Just bear in mind that the job you want to hire them to must be posted under that team. So, for the second job where you created a new team, you would go into your Job Postings page and assign that job post to the new team, then you can go ahead and hire. If you need more assistance, contact Customer Support, and they can walk you through it.
"Everybody is talented, original, and has something important to say." - Brenda Ueland
edmarkjohn
edmark john Reyes B Member Since: Jan 15, 2011
30 of 51
i think there's a way to do it sir/ma'am.
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS