cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I hire a contractor for two different contracts at the same time?

francis_guintu
Francis Edward G Member Since: May 30, 2009
31 of 51
Hi Cynthia, It's sad that no marketplace is safe from people who would rather lie, cheat and steal their way with people who have honest intentions to hire quality work I know that Odesk would not allow a person to create multiple IDs since they have to submit their identification. And the comments, while they can be made private still reflects the overall rating and this gets strung along for the rest of their profile's history, and a comment made private only makes an employer suspicious of why it had to be kept hidden right? I for one make an extremely concerted effort to keep my relatively new profile spotless- since I plan to keep this as a good income source. People like that will only be self destructive and will have to keep starting all over again while I firmly believe that my hardwork will progress to future work that pays off well because of the work history that I am able to bandy around proudly.
greenfrog
Green F Member Since: Dec 2, 2011
32 of 51
yes you can but you have to open an entire other project if your trying to split payments up for two different things within the one project set I dont think it will work so its not too hard to fix just open a new project and post it and have hte provider bid on it and your set. Hope this helps. I had similar problem thats why I know. *removed by admin
suvidhas
Suvidha S Member Since: Nov 18, 2008
33 of 51
Client want to remove this comments: ***i gave a feedback of 4.85 on the odesk contract. the other places, I can't remove the comments, i'm not admin on those site. ***removed by admin
vmahi
Vaishali K Member Since: Nov 24, 2011
34 of 51
Well you need to chat with odesk care 🙂
djerhu
Dominique H Member Since: Mar 5, 2012
35 of 51
Can you work two jobs at the same time on odesk? I really need to know because I thought that was the way people gain money on here?
msurma
Marek S Member Since: Nov 17, 2010
36 of 51
Yes, you can. But you can't be logged into two different hourly payed jobs at the same time. oDesk tool doesn't allow that. You can work a bit for this contract, then work on some other contract. With fixed price jobs there is no such limitation - you can work simultaneously if you are able to.
l_travis
Community Leader
Lillian T Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
37 of 51

You sure can have more than one hourly contracts with the same client/freealncer.  All the cient needs to do it to create a new team. From the settings icon --> Teams --> Create a New Team. After you have the new team created you just need to post a job under that team, and then invite the freelancer. 

Untitled
s_shimu
Ismotara N Member Since: Dec 30, 2011
38 of 51
I also faced same problem. One of my client sent me 2 invitations for 2 job posting under same team. I accepted one & after accept I was hired. When I went to second contract & tried to accept it it is shown that you were already hire for this client.
asajid
Ayesha S Member Since: Nov 22, 2009
39 of 51
Your client needs to create a separate team to hire you for the other job. As it is, you can't have two contracts under the same team. You could also use the memos, and task codes to log time for different jobs under the same contract though. The memos will keep track of the time spent on each.
oDesk Forum Moderator Always reach for the skies, for even if you fall, you'll still be on the top of the world...
cateb
Cate B Member Since: Sep 1, 2011
40 of 51
[quote=Yasir M.]Hi, I hope that you are understood how to hire me for several contracts.If not then here is method:- First of all you have to post a job and i will bid.Then you will hire me.Again you will post a new job and again i will bid then again you will hire me.So in this way you can hire me for multiple contracts.But remember that i can only complete Design(Graphic design,logo design,banner design,cards design) and multimedia(image editing,video editing)related projects. Thank you[/quote] You really need to read the TOS and forum rules here. You are not allowed to apply for jobs using the forum. And no, nobody thinks you're just giving the OP advice. You're blatantly begging for a job. Pretty pathetic if you can't get one the approved way that you have to go soliciting in a forum. Sad, really. And yes, you've been reported.
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS