cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I hire a contractor for two different contracts at the same time?

neolancer
Serhiy P Member Since: Jun 18, 2011
41 of 51
I would say Yasir should better search not for Design jobs but for something like active sales etc )) Joking of course,
arvind1989
Arvind S Member Since: Sep 8, 2013
42 of 51
hello I m still waiting for my first job I have no job now I am hard worker I m apply for 20 job but nothing coming on please help me I have 2year 6 month experience in data entry, email handling , email marketing , sales customer service , lead generator, and have knowledge of Microsoft office technical help for window 7 and window xp can you please help me thanks arvind
technolover
Conie R Member Since: Oct 23, 2013
43 of 51
me too i had a 2nd fixed job but my client have another one open fixed job can i apply?i just want to know if its okay to apply to same client. newbie here just joined october 2013.
asajid
Ayesha S Member Since: Nov 22, 2009
44 of 51
Hi Conie, Yes, you may apply to the second job by the same client.
oDesk Forum Moderator Always reach for the skies, for even if you fall, you'll still be on the top of the world...
marciamalory
Community Guru
Marcia M Member Since: Apr 3, 2013
45 of 51
I just negotiated a second job with a client so I could get him to pay me a higher rate for some of my work. (Both hourly jobs.) Now, he has to go through hoops to hire me for the second job. Not the best way to build a relationship with a client, especially one who just agreed to pay you more money.
hkt
Hari K Member Since: Jan 29, 2009
46 of 51
This is so bad odesk, that clients need to wait for more than 24 hours to post a contract 😞 . You should try to improve this feature and thank you for the awesome site you build over the years.
g_nembhard
Community Guru
Gillian Michele N Member Since: Mar 15, 2012
47 of 51
Hi Hari, Do you also have a client account and did you have to wait 24 hrs? Why?
f8f6d2bd
Jens B Member Since: Jul 22, 2014
48 of 51
Hi, I concur. I'm in the position of having a freelancer doing a specific job (1). While still in progress I'd like to post a new job (2), completely unrelated to job (1), and find a new freelancer. After searching for freelancers by coincidence its the same freelancer as job 1... but oDesk gives me the message, "xyz already has an active contract with this team."? I know I can setup a new team or make a new activity within the existent but that seems as a workaround to something like a (sorry) stupid and unnessary limitation. It's not a new team and it's not an activity related to the first job description. I hope that oDesk will consider this after 5 years the issue was first raised to lift this unlogical step... Thanks and otherwise a cool site :) Jens
davelld
Dave S Member Since: Nov 11, 2011
49 of 51
I'd just like to add my voice how silly this is....and there is an extra layer. I ran into this today, wanting to hire a coder for a second job. Teams were disabled for my account, and I was an informed by support that teams have been "enabled" for my account, but it would take 24 hours for them to show up. Which means, the front line support workers cannot enable team support, so it has to go into a queue to be done by someone else. Very silly UX decisions all around.
kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
50 of 51

Please, check this Announcement. Now clients will be able to hire an individual freelancer for multiple jobs at the same time. It is not necessary to enable Teams in order to do it anymore.

~ Valeria
Upwork
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS