🐈
» Forums » Clients » Can I hire at different hourly rates?
Page options
006d7728
Community Member

Can I hire at different hourly rates?

If I want to hire three freelances on the same job, can I accept them at different rates?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "If I want to hire three freelances on the same job, can I accept them at different rates?"

Yes.

Although you may have hired from a single job posting, each time you hire a freelancer, it involves creation of a different CONTRACT.

Those contracts are all independent of each other, and distinct from the job posting itself. (Although they were based on the job posting.)

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "If I want to hire three freelances on the same job, can I accept them at different rates?"

Yes.

Although you may have hired from a single job posting, each time you hire a freelancer, it involves creation of a different CONTRACT.

Those contracts are all independent of each other, and distinct from the job posting itself. (Although they were based on the job posting.)

You can certainly hire them at different rates. But if you pay each a different rate, the ones you hire at lower rates might not be happy if they find out, perhaps by checking your Jobs in progress while they're still working on the job, and they might give you less than great feedback, or refuse to work for you in the future. Anyway, that's very hypothetical, and a professional freelancer should be grateful you hired them at the rate they requested, regardless of what you paid someone else for the same job.

I was only going to hire one person. But I had a few apply. Instead of one person doing all of the tasks, I am going to have each do a different set of tasks commensurate with his or her skill set. One will build the databases, the other will research the data, and a third will enter it.

I plan on explaining this to all three.

Latest Articles
Learning Paths