cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I hire multiple people from one posting?

Highlighted
Julie O Member Since: Sep 16, 2016
1 of 13

I have a series of copy writing jobs. From one post can I hire multiple people for different jobs? In this case do I select 'hire freelancer' each time within that job or when I select 'hire freelancer' does it close the job?

Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
2 of 13

There is no limit to the number of people you can hire through a single job posting.

You may choose to have a job post close automatically when you hire somebody, or you may choose to not do that. There is a checkbox.

Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
BEST ANSWER
3 of 13

Hi Julie,

Welcome to Upwork!

Yes, you can hire multiple freelancer from one job post, but I'd advise posting separate jobs if the job scope and requirements are not the same for each task. That will allow you to manage freelancers much more efficiently if you require them to have different skills for different copywriting tasks.

If you're hiring multiple freelancers, please make sure to check that box before posting the job. Once you hire a freelancer don't check the option to close the job post, so you would keep the job open and be able to hire additional candidates later.

Julie O Member Since: Sep 16, 2016
4 of 13

Thanks Vladimir - appreciate it!

Rebecca S Member Since: Mar 26, 2018
5 of 13

Will freelancers see if I have hired another freelancer? I'd like to hire multiple and don't want one to decline the project if they see I've engaged another.

Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
6 of 13

Hi Rebecca, 

If you hire freelancers in the same job post, other freelancers will be able to see that you hired mutiple freelancers on this section of the job post (as shown in the picture below). 

Screen Shot 2018-03-27 at 2.12.02 PM.png

-Avery
Untitled
Roger O Member Since: Aug 30, 2019
7 of 13
Is there a way to edit the job posting so that I can go back and check the box that allows hiring of multiple freelancers?
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
8 of 13

Hi Roger,

Yes you can edit a job posting after it's posted, you can edit the overview or the details on your job posting. 
Regarding your questions for hiring multiple freelancers.  Once you send a job offer, you will see an option asking if you wanted to keep the job posting open or if you wanted it closed. If you close it you won't be able to hire other freelancers on under the same job posting. I would also like to note that you post the same job posting again.

If you have any additional questions let me know, thank you.

Untitled
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
9 of 13

I often hire multiple freelancers for the same job. I have sometimes hired two or three. Sometimes more. I think the most I have hired for a single job was over 20 different freelancers.

As far as I recall, I have never indicated in the job posting that I was hiring more than one freelancer for the job.

Ray F Member Since: Sep 11, 2019
10 of 13

I need to hire 200+ freelance recruiters for a 10-15 minute job. When I was creating the job posting, it says the maximum number of hires I can have is 99. 

What is the best way to do what I need?

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS