🐈
» Forums » Clients » Re: Can I offer a fixed-price job contract wi...
Page options
485cd4cb
Community Member

Can I offer a fixed-price job contract without using Escrow

I have a small project that I want to use fixed-price payment this time and I have not offer the contract yet. Is the use of Escrow and deposit of fund ahead of time optional or required for this type of contract? Since I already have a credit card in my account, can I just pay a bonus using my credit card as a one time payment for fixed-price after the work is done? I am asking for a quick project so the setting of milestones are not necessary. 

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "Can I offer a fixed-price job contract without using Escrow?"

No.

re: "Is the use of Escrow and deposit of fund ahead of time optional or required for this type of contract?"

Yes.

re: "Since I already have a credit card in my account, can I just pay a bonus using my credit card as a one time payment for fixed-price after the work is done?"

You need to fund at least $5.00 in escrow payment.

Other than that, you are welcome to pay as much as you want using the bonus tool.

re: "I am asking for a quick project so the setting of milestones are not necessary."

You do not need to set up milestones.

You can simply specify a single task, and have that be the contract. Technically that would be a one-milestone contract, but you do not refer to the task as a "milestone" if you don't want to.

Also, if you don't want to fund escrow at all, then the simplest thing to do is use an hourly contract.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ling,

Funding at least $5 milestone in Escrow is required when making a fixed-price offer. So you won't be able to only pay a bonus without previously funding any money in Escrow. However, if you set up an hourly contract, you can offer the freelancer to not log any hours but be paid via a bonus. If they agree to such terms, you can set the weekly limit to 0 and only pay a bonus.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Learning Paths