🐈
» Forums » Clients » Can I pay my freelancers a monthly or weekly ...
Page options
mbonilla14
Community Member

Can I pay my freelancers a monthly or weekly fee above and beyond their hourly fees?

Hello,

If I have a long time freelancer to whom I pay hourly, but I ALSO want to add a base monthly or weekly automatically recurring payment that is preset at a particular amount, is it possible to do this inside Upwork?

This does not replace the hourly pay, and I hate having to do a list of milestones. I just want the payment to happen automatically every week or month. 

Is this at all possible while, of course, staying inside Upwork?

Thanks!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Max,

Yes this is possible but only for weekly payments. You will need to end your current contract with your freelancer and open a new one. Once you have selected the type of contract in this case Hourly, you will need to go on the next page.
Then click on Advanced Options and set up a weekly payment which will be paid every week, and stay the same regardless of how many hours your freelancer worked.

For more details about this check out the screenshot below:
large.jpg

If you have any additional questions let me know, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Max,

Yes this is possible but only for weekly payments. You will need to end your current contract with your freelancer and open a new one. Once you have selected the type of contract in this case Hourly, you will need to go on the next page.
Then click on Advanced Options and set up a weekly payment which will be paid every week, and stay the same regardless of how many hours your freelancer worked.

For more details about this check out the screenshot below:
large.jpg

If you have any additional questions let me know, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Excellent! Just what I was hoping for! Thanks!!

Goran, that screenshot looks vaguely familiar 😉

Latest Articles
Learning Paths