🐈
» Forums » Clients » Can I search for freelancers based on their s...
Page options
alanccw
Community Member

Can I search for freelancers based on their skill tags?

For example, I want to find freelancers containing skill tag of "SQL Server". How to do? Currently I can only search based on title, or make a general search.

4 REPLIES 4
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Alan, 

I would like to direct your attention to this article which shares best practices on how to do your search in the Upwork marketplace. Please check the FAQs, especially the section "How does search work? What are the best practices?" for more information. 

I hope this helps!

~ Avery
Upwork
alanccw
Community Member

Hi, Avery,

I read the article you recommended. However, it still does not answer my question, i.e., Search for a specific skill. I can search based on category, but not a skill search.

Thanks

Hi Alan,

Arjay here stepping in for Avery. Please note that Freelancers need to select a category that is most relevant to their expertise. Within each category, there are Specialities and skills. 

Upwork offers the categories found in this help article to make sure you connect with the right people and projects. We’re always updating the skills listed on Upwork to reflect the current trends and talents, so check back often to see if your category has changed. These updates improve our site’s search and matching capabilities so we are constantly working to evaluate and update the skills listed on Upwork to reflect the current trends and talents that freelancers offer. 

~ Arjay
Upwork
williamtcooper
Community Member

Hey Alan, Upwork's system makes a best match on the keyword type which may or may not be included in the Freelancers Skills. It's usually not an exact match. Try using different similar keywords to have a better chance of viewing the "right" Freelancers. Also use the left nav bar for searching such as USA only or other features. Thanks!

Latest Articles
Learning Paths