cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I send a message in reply to a proposal?

Gannon M Member Since: Jun 3, 2016
1 of 6

Hi folks,

I've posted a job and received some proposals, but I want to message one to clarify something ... when I open the proposal there is a box where I can type a message and a button that says Submit, but it pops up with something saying "Sending the message ..." but then doesn't appear to do anything ... am I supposed to be allowed to send messages or is the next step to hire them?

New to this, but it seems odd that it would present a send message box if that wasn't allowed but they aren't going through it seems.

Thanks in advance!!

Gannon

Ace Contributor
Leon Z Member Since: May 3, 2016
2 of 6

You should be able to exchange an unlimited number of messages with a freelancer before offering them a contract. It's probably a glitch. Try refreshing it or coming back to it later.

Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
3 of 6

Hi Gannon,

I see your message was posted earlier and the freelancer replied to it. Please let me know if you can continue the conversation or need further assistance.

Gannon M Member Since: Jun 3, 2016
4 of 6

Hi Vladimir,

I am trying to message Denis, but after rebooting machine, I have the same problem.  Running Chrome 51.0.2704.79 on Mac.

I tried to message another respondent, but have the same problem - it has been like this for over four hours now so doesn't appear to be an intermittent problem, but I assume you would have a lot more threads if it wasn't confined to just me.

I get a popup appears saying Sending Message, but then that disappears and it takes me back to the box where I type my message?!?

Regards,

Gannon

Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
5 of 6

Hi Gannon,

I've checked again and see that you messaged another freelancer in the meantime. I can confirm you're able to send a message to the freelancer you mentioned and that the message is being displayed after clicking save.

Please clear your cache and cookies just to rule out any problems with your browser and try messaging this freelancer again. I'm really not seeing anything that would prevent you from initiating contact with any of the freelancers from the list.

Community Guru
Evelina H Member Since: Jan 29, 2015
6 of 6

Gannon, test different browsers, and even Operating systems (Windows, since you're already on Mac).

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS