🐈
» Forums » Clients » Can I use the money from Freelancer account f...
Page options
41e48137
Community Member

Can I use the money from Freelancer account for Client account?

Hi support,

Please help me with my conern, I have my own bussiness and I want to create a Client account for hire some freelancers for this bussiness. Beside that, I am a freelancer and I work to earn money and pay for my bussiess. So my question, the money I get from freelancer account can "link" with Client account on upwork?

Thank you so much

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
JoanneP

Hi Bao,

At this time, there is no way to transfer funds from your freelancer account to your client account or vice versa. If you create a client account, you will need to add a billing method file. Here's the help article to learn more. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
JoanneP

Hi Bao,

At this time, there is no way to transfer funds from your freelancer account to your client account or vice versa. If you create a client account, you will need to add a billing method file. Here's the help article to learn more. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
41e48137
Community Member

Thank you for reply

lisa_re
Community Member

This is needed by many, please enable this fascility. thanks

Community Member

Hello Joanne Marie P

A year ago now since this was on the table is there a way to do so Now?

Hi Nathi,

We appreciate the follow-up. Arjay here stepping in for Joanne. We have not received an update with regards to your concern. With that being said, we still need to follow the current procedure like what Joanne explained, there's no way to transfer funds from your freelancer account to your client account or vice versa. Here's the help article to be more acquainted with how the procedures work.

~ Arjay
Upwork
7bd0d548
Community Member

Please don't put this facility. It will make many scammers to generate fake reviews.

art-grig
Community Member

Hello!

Any update on this? At least an item created in the backlog?
This is really handy feature from which I belive a lot of people will benefit

mueend3
Community Member

We haven't received any updates yet. Please add this payment method as it would benefit many people in the market and we don't need to add funds.

Hi Mueen,

There are still no changes to this process. As per system design and procedure, we have no option to transfer funds from the freelancer account to the client account or vice versa.

In order to transfer the funds, you need to withdraw the funds and transfer them to your payment method on your client account. On the other hand, By system design and limitation, we cannot transfer funds from one account to another, even if the user is the same person.

The only way is for you to add a valid payment method to your client account.

~ AJ
Upwork
Latest Articles
Learning Paths