🐈
» Forums » Clients » Can Upworks help with client ratings?
Page options
4d713d37
Community Member

Can Upworks help with client ratings?

I was wondering can Upworks help with client ratings?

We are new on Upworks.  We were given a low rating thru no fault of our own for our first and only project and now we are being declined left and right for our new project.  We can't hire for our new projects.

6 REPLIES 6
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Henry,

Since private information are involved we can`t discuss them publicly. I will have one of our team members to contact you directly via ticket so that you can provide us with the details and we will assist you further.

~ Goran
Upwork
petra_r
Community Member

@Henry C wrote:

I was wondering can Upworks help with client ratings?

No. Upwork will hardly ever interfere with feedback left by either party, unless it contains expletives or similar.

You can reach out to the freelancer and try and resolve whatever problem caused the poor feedback, and maybe reach a consensus. There is a function you can use to enable the freelancer to change his or her feedback, but that will require sorting out the issues first.

4d713d37
Community Member

We didn't even give him any feedback for the programming error he did.

It is very obvious from his profile that he is not active on Upwork.  The agency we hired at Upwork only hired him for our one project.  Since we are new on Upwork, we didn't know what was going on till afterwards.

So we have no choice but to find an Upwork alternative instead.

petra_r
Community Member

@Henry C wrote:

We didn't even give him any feedback for the programming error he did.

It is very obvious from his profile that he is not active on Upwork.  The agency we hired at Upwork only hired him for our one project.

Have you taken it up with the agency? They are responsible, they got the money

4d713d37
Community Member

But we can only leave a review for that agent, not agency.

Actually all this happened a few months ago. We did not give anybody a rating or negative rating, we just want to get our project done.  We didn't know we were given a 1 star until we posted our new project recently and kept getting declined when we invite applicants.

Henry, both freelancers and buyers are encouraged to leave honest (and polite) feedback.  No one wins all the time. We all recover from negative feedback - stinging as it might be.  

The best thing to do is carry on.  The key to doing this is writing a quality RFP and keeping the lines of communication open and honest with your next hire.

RFPs that win qualified applicants contain:

1. As much info as you can share about the project.  An example:  if you need a website written, providers need to know the THEME of the your product / service.  If you're selling a diet fad vs. a specialized employment agency this needs to be stated.  Different providers respond to RFPs that interest them and they know they can bring value to.
  2. If possible, include the number of pages you think are needed for the website.  It is fine to link to a template you like and/or to a current website you want to update, emulate the format of, etc.
  3. Estimated length and breathe of the project. - Examples: If a buyer wants a book edited, providers need to know content theme, number of words in the manuscript, and, if possible, what type of editing is required.  If the latter point seems confusing, the best work around is "this is the first edit" or "this is the final review and edit before putting the book on Amazon."
  4. Graphics - from logos to icons to illustrations > artists need the same info as writers, editors, and translators.
  5. Website design and build - back to #1 in my list.  If you are wanting to set up an ecommerce site, you need a shopping cart and assorted backend tools that a marketing/branding only site doesn't require.
  6. Use proper tags on the RFP.
  7. Pricing and delivery date: If you are unsure about pricing - say so.  Plug in a number to keep the system happy but write in your RFP that the $ is a placeholder only.

Providers will submit an estimate of cost based on info you've provided. Professional providers - the only kind you want - will include wording to the effect of "my quote is an estimate. Should you want to discuss your project, I will submit a binding quote upon a more thorough discussion of your exact needs."

Latest Articles
Learning Paths