🐈
» Forums » Clients » Re: Can a freelancer outsource the job to som...
Page options
8588549e
Community Member

Can a freelancer outsource the job to someone else?

Can a freelancer outsource work to someone else? I hired someone to do work and from different screenshots it looks like someone else is doing the work and then asking the original person I hired if it is ok etc? 

I feel like i could have hired someone not as experienced if this was going to be the case and it would have been cheaper for me let alone the fact that they now have my passwords and account details etc. 

8 REPLIES 8
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Laura,

I would like to confirm that this is not allowed. Our team will reach out to you via ticket where you can share more evidence with our team. 
Our team will investigate it further and take proper action. Thank you for reporting this and if you have any additional questions, let me know.

~ Goran
Upwork
softgudew
Community Member

Hi Goran,

"I would like to confirm that this is not allowed" Where this rule is listed. Can I have the link?

Hi Shahzad,

Thank you for your message. You can refer to our TOS and user agreement page for more information. I would like to clarify that subcontracting on an Hourly contract may also result in sharing Upwork account credentials which are considered a TOS violation and may also lead to fraud on your account.

Thank you

Pradeep

Upwork

Thanks, Pradeep for your kind reply. Could you please give me the specific link in TOS and user agreement

prestonhunter
Community Member

Laura:

I believe that this freelancer betrayed your trust. And broke Upwork rules. And I believe that he will not provide you with work that is at the level of quality you need.

I recommend that you close the contract AND block him.

I don't even want to waste any more of my time talking to him.

Preston H wrote:

I recommend that you close the contract.

I'm sure Laura did just that in the 2 years since she posted about it...

I've done that lots of times, answering questions posed years ago, not looking at the date. I may even have given advice to deceased Upworkers for all I know. 

I'm going to start doing this now.

Latest Articles
Learning Paths