🐈
» Forums » Clients » Can a freelancer see the price I have put on ...
Page options
5a0d190f
Community Member

Can a freelancer see the price I have put on a job

Hi all,

I'm just wondering... if I used the fixed price option on a job posting, can the freelancers see the amount I have entered for this? Sometimes I have no idea what a job should cost so I will just enter the amount I think might be suitable, but then I don't know if the freelancers just bid to the price I have entered (if they can see it) or if they are genuinely bidding what they think they could do the job for?

Cheers,

Dave

3 REPLIES 3
petra_r
Community Member

David G wrote:

Sometimes I have no idea what a job should cost so I will just enter the amount I think might be suitable, but then I don't know if the freelancers just bid to the price I have entered (if they can see it) or if they are genuinely bidding what they think they could do the job for?

Yes,they can see your budget. If you want to get "real" bids, mention that your budget is purely a placeholder.

5a0d190f
Community Member

Thankyou - this is very helpful.

martina_plaschka
Community Member

David G wrote:

Hi all,

I'm just wondering... if I used the fixed price option on a job posting, can the freelancers see the amount I have entered for this? Sometimes I have no idea what a job should cost so I will just neter the amount I thnk might be suitable, but then I don't know if the freelancers just bid to the price I have entered (if they can see it) or if they are genuinely bidding what they think they could do the job for?

Cheers,

Dave

Of course the freelancer can see what you put into your budget. Many clients are not sure what the project will cost and mention that in the job posting. You can also call it a placeholder. 

By what rationale freelancers bid on a project is probably different for everyone. Before I decide to apply for a job, I look at the client's hiring rate, feedback, what hourly rate they are usually paying, and many more factors such as how well the project is described, if there are files attached (a plus!). Price is only one of many factors. 

Latest Articles
Learning Paths