🐈
» Forums » Clients » Re: Can clients view deleted messages?
Page options
okacem
Community Member

Can clients view deleted messages?

Hi, I changed my mind instantly about a message i sent to a client. checking the messages option, i found a delete option just next to the message that was sent. clicked remove message, the message dont show on my chat any more, but there is no indication if the the client will be seeing the message or not. can somebody please help clearify this matter? 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
mtngigi
Community Member

I don't know about the message board here, but if clients have set up preferences so that messages from Upwork are downloaded to their emails, then they'll see your message that way.

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
mtngigi
Community Member

I don't know about the message board here, but if clients have set up preferences so that messages from Upwork are downloaded to their emails, then they'll see your message that way.

kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Hi Osama,

The client will see that the message was removed, exactly as you do:

Screenshot_14.png

~ Valeria
Upwork

Thank you

vincpa
Community Member

Even if you delete a message, the client will still see it in their email.

This is a major problem on the Upwork platform right now. Sometimes I change my mind on a message but it's too late because the other person has seen it.

re: "This is a major problem on the Upwork platform right now. Sometimes I change my mind on a message but it's too late because the other person has seen it."

You can call this a "major problem."

But.... if the Upwork messenging tool sends an email message containing your Messenger tool posts to the client... (which is exactly what happens)...

How would Upwork prevent the client from receiving the message?

Once an email message has been sent, it has been sent. That's it. Unless the sender and recipient are both within a shared, closed-loop email system, there's no way to "get it back."

I only have one problem with it, but it does not seem to be a problem for anyone else. I dont want the person to SEE that I deleted the message

Hi David,

Thanks for sharing your feedback with us. I'll make sure to share it with our team for consideration.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

David A wrote:

I only have one problem with it, but it does not seem to be a problem for anyone else. I dont want the person to SEE that I deleted the message

Well, when I see that the client has deleted a message, it stirs my imagination, and believe me, I have a lot of imagination. I spend at least a few seconds wondering what the message was and why it was deleted. Keeps my mind busy.

that's just weird on your part,  someone could of made a typo or a lot is lost via messages to overthink it is an issue on your part

lysis10
Community Member

Vince P wrote:

Even if you delete a message, the client will still see it in their email.

This is a major problem on the Upwork platform right now. Sometimes I change my mind on a message but it's too late because the other person has seen it.

si si señor. Selling yourself as a writer and making typos and errors in proposals and workroom messages and you can't fix the proposal errors.

reeeeeeeeereeeeeeeee

hassan-developer
Community Member

Yes,Becase UpWork send the message on client Email. So, its not possible.

imalaminhossain
Community Member

Yes. I think it's a problem.

Latest Articles
Learning Paths