cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can clients view deleted messages?

Osama K Member Since: Dec 5, 2016
1 of 8

Hi, I changed my mind instantly about a message i sent to a client. checking the messages option, i found a delete option just next to the message that was sent. clicked remove message, the message dont show on my chat any more, but there is no indication if the the client will be seeing the message or not. can somebody please help clearify this matter? 

Community Guru
Virginia F Member Since: Feb 15, 2016
BEST ANSWER
2 of 8

I don't know about the message board here, but if clients have set up preferences so that messages from Upwork are downloaded to their emails, then they'll see your message that way.

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
3 of 8

Hi Osama,

The client will see that the message was removed, exactly as you do:

Screenshot_14.png

~ Valeria
Untitled
Osama K Member Since: Dec 5, 2016
4 of 8

Thank you

Vince P Member Since: Sep 14, 2015
5 of 8

Even if you delete a message, the client will still see it in their email.

This is a major problem on the Upwork platform right now. Sometimes I change my mind on a message but it's too late because the other person has seen it.

Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
6 of 8

re: "This is a major problem on the Upwork platform right now. Sometimes I change my mind on a message but it's too late because the other person has seen it."

You can call this a "major problem."

But.... if the Upwork messenging tool sends an email message containing your Messenger tool posts to the client... (which is exactly what happens)...

How would Upwork prevent the client from receiving the message?

Once an email message has been sent, it has been sent. That's it. Unless the sender and recipient are both within a shared, closed-loop email system, there's no way to "get it back."

Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
7 of 8

Vince P wrote:

Even if you delete a message, the client will still see it in their email.

This is a major problem on the Upwork platform right now. Sometimes I change my mind on a message but it's too late because the other person has seen it.

si si señor. Selling yourself as a writer and making typos and errors in proposals and workroom messages and you can't fix the proposal errors.

vFILHTMreeeeeeeee

Hassan A Member Since: Oct 2, 2018
8 of 8

Yes,Becase UpWork send the message on client Email. So, its not possible.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS