🐈
» Forums » Clients » Can i have a small chat before paying?
Page options
89a49f1d
Community Member

Can i have a small chat before paying?

Have a question is there a way i can talk to a person i want to talk to without paying so i know if they can do something i need without wasting my money just to know if they can or not do the thing i need.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
prestonhunter
Community Member

Yes.

You can actually talk to a freelancer for as long as you want before starting a contract.

When you post a job, it lets freelancers apply to it and talk to you. Same thing when you invite freelancers. These lead to an "interview" stage. There is no charge for this. There is no commitment implied.

You may talk. You aren't required to hire or pay anyone at that point.

Please use this privilege responsibly.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
prestonhunter
Community Member

Yes.

You can actually talk to a freelancer for as long as you want before starting a contract.

When you post a job, it lets freelancers apply to it and talk to you. Same thing when you invite freelancers. These lead to an "interview" stage. There is no charge for this. There is no commitment implied.

You may talk. You aren't required to hire or pay anyone at that point.

Please use this privilege responsibly.

Hi there, could you provide clarity? I see that if I want to chat it says to "add a preferred billing method." It also says "You'll need a verified payment method to chat with freelancers on our platform. Don't worry, you'll only be charged for work you approve." Why am I inserting the billing method when I have not even approved of them and I am trying to talk to them first to see if they are qualified? 

crart
Community Member

Verified payment method adds to your credibility. That doesn't mean you pay to chat with freelancer. As a freelancer, I personally don't apply for jobs, don't talk to clients and don't approve invitations for jobs interviews from clients with unverified payment method. Freelancers are verified right and left, clients can see our photo, profile, jobs history, earnings, UW has access to our ID cards. It's only fair to be credible if you want to talk to someone already verified. And as Preston said, recrutation process costs nothing and as you yourself quoted, you are charged for work approved. No work done, no charge, it's that simple. To put it very bluntly - freelancer works for free until the client approves the work and still client can just disappear, as it happened many times here and on other platforms. Talking to the freelancer before engaging in the contract costs only time.

joynul33
Community Member

Yes, You can, there is no bounding!

Joynul
f71fc0ba
Community Member

Yes Calvin, you can ask anything related to the job post and their expertise that how can he or she fulfill your company's need and want.

29c3da21
Community Member

Yes, hello, you can talk with joy and pleasure, go ahead. 

Yes

8d3d5a24
Community Member

No, I just tried to come in contact with a freelancer. checked this post before doing that. I added the card and wrote that I can pay 100 dollar for the work, guess what I didnt come in contact with the freelancer. I paid 220 dollar instead just like that. Wtf? 

What is your order?

972dfd94
Community Member

Yes ofcourse 

Latest Articles
Learning Paths