Re: Payoneer card problem

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
11 of 18

@Reinier B wrote:

@Vladimir G wrote:

Hi Elico,

Payoneer's card needs to be prefunded in order to be billed and on Upwork clients need to have a payment method that doesn't require loading. Please add a regular credit/debit card as your billing method.

Don't all debit cards have to be pre-loaded?

No, some act like a credit card in all meaningful ways and those can be used. Regular Debit Cards can not.

Elico J Member Since: May 10, 2017
12 of 18

Ok, then. 

Please develope wallet like solution, which we could put money to wallet from our Payoneer card (or any other Debit card) and use it. By this way you could protect service sellers also. 

Even you could integrate any ready to use wallets which supports upwork terms of payments, which supports Debit cards at the same time.

It shouldnt be that hard.

thanks. 

ron b Member Since: Sep 5, 2017
13 of 18

+1 Please do this we cant work with UpWork ...

Emin M Member Since: Sep 7, 2018
14 of 18

Is this solution being built by upwork? I have payoneer to keep my payments in USD. If I use regular credit card then they rip me off for exchange rate. I don't understand why we can't transfer money and pay directly to Upwork from payoneer.

Muhammad W Member Since: May 6, 2017
15 of 18
Upwork donot support payments from prepaid credit cards.
Muhammad A Member Since: Feb 19, 2019
16 of 18

ok I got the rule from upwork.
If you think this is not reliable like credit cards then make condition of adding payoneer card as secondary card. means first a client agency have to register billing as you people already doing and after verifying, Payonner can be added.
You can also imposed any condition like agency payments should be atleast 10000$ then they could add payoneer.
We are facing problems of very heavy charges of exchange rates on our local currency credit cards.
Please make solution instead of state forward refusing the option. Every rule has always option of amendment.
Upwork introduced local bank transfers. Then Upwork can also offer accept payments from local bank in local dollar rates. (Godaddy doing same already)

Olivera U Member Since: Mar 23, 2015
17 of 18

I recently became a client as well and wanted to pay with my   payoneer and I also had some money in my account as a freelancer and it's the same account. I wasn't able to use it, it's frustrating.

Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
18 of 18

Hi Olivera,

I`m sorry about the inconvenience this had caused you. To be able to pay freelancer you will need to add one of our accepted Billing Methods. Thank you.

Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS