cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can not add Paypal account on billing method of my account

Pavel F Member Since: Apr 9, 2019
1 of 15

I am new to Upwork and when I am gonna hire a freelancer, adding billing method are required.

But I can not see Paypal option on billing method page so cannot hire because of that.

If anyone knows why this happened, please gimme advise.

Best

Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
BEST ANSWER
2 of 15

Hi Pavel,

Please note that Paypal is not an available billing method for all users, you will be able to select from an alternative billing method in your account payment options.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Untitled

View solution in original post

Ilie P Member Since: Jun 6, 2019
3 of 15

I am having the exact same problem.

I cannot add PayPal as a billing method, despite being verified, having a card linked to it and all the requirements from the documentation page. 

Bummer!

Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
4 of 15

Hi Ilie, 

It looks like Paypal is available to you. I wanted to check what error you were getting when you were trying to add your Paypal account as a billing method?

-Avery
Untitled
5 of 15

Hi,

There is no error. When I wand to add the Billing method my only option is to add a card. There is no way for me to link PayPal. I understand there needs to be a guarantee behind that PayPal, so it is an old account, active, with cards linked to it and so on. But at the moment there is no option for me to link it to UpWork Smiley Happy

Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
6 of 15

Hi Ilie,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your billing method. Thank you.

Untitled
7 of 15

Hello,

Is there an ETA for when I will be contacted by support? Or do I need to do something... I am not sure now what is the next step for me.

Thank you

Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
8 of 15

Hi Ilie,

I apologize for the delay in receiving an update. I'll go ahead and follow up with the team handling your case and you can expect one of our agents to reach out to you directly via support ticket as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience.

~ Bojan
Untitled
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
9 of 15

Hi Ilie,

I was just checking your case and wondered if you were able to click Add Method button in your Billing Methods Settings and then scroll down a little to see PayPal. Credit card is the first option and PayPal is right below it:

Screenshot_1.png

~ Valeria
Untitled
10 of 15

Thank you for the reply, but there is no scroll available on my screen. I tried tabbing through, using the mouse and the keyboard but there is not scroll. missing-paypal-from-billing-options.jpg

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS