🐈
» Forums » Clients » Re: Can not add Paypal account on billing met...
Page options
bb2089da
Community Member

Can not add Paypal account on billing method of my account

I am new to Upwork and when I am gonna hire a freelancer, adding billing method are required.

But I can not see Paypal option on billing method page so cannot hire because of that.

If anyone knows why this happened, please gimme advise.

Best

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Pavel,

Please note that Paypal is not an available billing method for all users, you will be able to select from an alternative billing method in your account payment options.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Pavel,

Please note that Paypal is not an available billing method for all users, you will be able to select from an alternative billing method in your account payment options.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

I am to seeing PayPal as a billing method.

4c23af10
Community Member

I am having the exact same problem.

I cannot add PayPal as a billing method, despite being verified, having a card linked to it and all the requirements from the documentation page. 

Bummer!

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ilie, 

It looks like Paypal is available to you. I wanted to check what error you were getting when you were trying to add your Paypal account as a billing method?

~ Avery
Upwork
4c23af10
Community Member

Hi,

There is no error. When I wand to add the Billing method my only option is to add a card. There is no way for me to link PayPal. I understand there needs to be a guarantee behind that PayPal, so it is an old account, active, with cards linked to it and so on. But at the moment there is no option for me to link it to UpWork 🙂

Hi Ilie,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your billing method. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello,

Is there an ETA for when I will be contacted by support? Or do I need to do something... I am not sure now what is the next step for me.

Thank you

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ilie,

I apologize for the delay in receiving an update. I'll go ahead and follow up with the team handling your case and you can expect one of our agents to reach out to you directly via support ticket as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi Ilie,

I was just checking your case and wondered if you were able to click Add Method button in your Billing Methods Settings and then scroll down a little to see PayPal. Credit card is the first option and PayPal is right below it:

Screenshot_1.png

~ Valeria
Upwork

Thank you for the reply, but there is no scroll available on my screen. I tried tabbing through, using the mouse and the keyboard but there is not scroll. missing-paypal-from-billing-options.jpg

Hi Ilie,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your billing method. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi, I have the same issue with not seeing PayPal option for my billing, even though my location is US. Can someone assist me, as well? Thanks.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Vladyslav,

I checked this for you and PayPal should be available for you to add it as billing method.  Could you please click Add Method button in your Billing Methods Settings and then scroll down to see PayPal option as shown in this screenshot:1.png

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi, I am having the same problem. I cannot pick PayPal as a billing method because I only have the credit or debit card option. I hope you can help me resolve this problem. Thank you

Hi Chelsea, 

Could you please confirm if you are trying to add Paypal as a billing method to your client account? If Paypal is not showing as an option, it means that Paypal is not supported as a billing method in your location.

~ Avery
Upwork
Latest Articles
Learning Paths