cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can not create a dispute

Ollie A Member Since: Jul 9, 2017
1 of 17

Hi Upworks,

I have been involved her or several years and neeer had to issue a dispute.  I am now in this unfortunate position were i will need to do so asap.  the big issue is that as per your insructiosnb there shoud be a dispute button where i can submit this.

For the life of me i can not see it and i have followed all the instructions.  I want to do this as soon as possible to ensure that payment for last wek are placed in trusat ands this contract is resolved.

Can some please get back to me urgently to help me process this.

I am finding both this process and the location to communicate with Upwork to be extremly frustrating as a user.

Regards,

Ollie

Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
2 of 17

Wasn't the cutoff for reviewing hours two days ago? It sounds like hourly and I've never been in dispute for hourly but for escrow you ask for a refund but again this sounds like hourly.

3 of 17

Yes this contract is hourly and at this stage i wish to dispute the entire contract for this job.  This is split over 2 jobs i have taken out with this freelancer where he has not produced the result and continued to charge hours for his work.  In fact i have a result that is worse off than i had started.

How can i work to get a refund on this job when i have wasted now $2700 with this freelancer.

Regards,

Ollie

Community Guru
Kathy T Member Since: Jul 17, 2015
4 of 17

From what I understand, for hourly contracts you have a certain amount of time for which you can dispute the HOURS that the freelancer put in, but not the actual work. When you were at the point where you saw that things were going wrong, you could have disputed the hours for that last week and closed the contract.

For hourly contracts, Upwork bills your credit card directly for the hours that the freelancers puts in,

For fixed price contracts, milestones are created and a client deposits payment into escrow. It's held in escrow until the freelancer deliveres the work and a client approves the completed results. When that happens, the funds that were deposited into escrow are then released (by your approval) to the freelancer.

5 of 17

Non of your answers help me here,

I want this matter esculated and someone to contact me directly.

I have spend 10 of thaousands of dollars via Upworks and this communication you are giving m,e does not give me any fiurther confidence in trhe system.  

There is no protection of a client getting railroded and the freelancer just walking away with the money on an houtly contract.

Your sytem is greared to push hourly contacts and the answers you are giving me are unsatisfactory.

What protection do i have under upworks.  Just being too late to submit within a week is not satifactory answer.

Regards,

Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
6 of 17

re: "Yes this contract is hourly and at this stage i wish to dispute the entire contract for this job."

You can dispute the most recently concluded week's hours.

You can not dispute the entire contract.

That is why clients carefully review work submitted each week to make sure that they are pleased with the work the freelancer is doing.

Remember: you can terminate the contract AT ANY TIME.

As the client, you have all the power.

7 of 17

I am sorry,

Again you are not providing me under multiple respondents in this thread the satisfactory answer.

At this stage you are saying i cannot dispute anything in this contract because i have past the week.  i have paused the contract as the freelancer charged me for fixing all his mistakes, 

This happened all the way until Friday when i finally paused on the advice of my head developer that i have used for several years.

The nature of this contract is such that he could have done great damage to my business if i had not managed this carefully removing passwords and credentials.

You are saying that the client has the power.  At this point i have no power as i cannot get anything back.

If that is the case than this system is highly flawed and can easily be taken advantage of.

Again i want some customer service in this matter where a customer service representative contact me to take up my case and helps resolve my issue rather than dealing with multiple individuals on a thread which is far from satisfactory.

i feel like i am getting the complete ring around here.

Regards,

Community Guru
Scott E Member Since: Jul 26, 2015
8 of 17

This is a community discussion forum... a place where the community discuss things and provide suggestions, opinions and their experience of how things work. That's what they are doing, and nobody is obligated to provide you with any support and assistance here.

If you want things escalated, and the opportunity to tell people their answers are unsatisfactory... then you should get in touch with Upwork support. Not only should they be your first point of contact when you have an issue that can't be resolved using the help and support pages, but they actually get paid to get told their answers are unsatisfactory, so they probably don't mind it as much. 

"Welcome, humans. I'm ready for you!"
- Box, Logan's Run (1976)
9 of 17

OMG!

There is not link to get intouch with support directly.  it leads you to this forum.

If i had the oppotunity i would have done so.

Please someone provide me a direct link to an email or phone number i can speak with a staff members.  (NOT THE SUPPORT PAGES)

Regards, 

Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
10 of 17

It's 8pm on a Sunday in California. Anyone with the ability to do anything of value for you won't be around for at least another 12 hours. 

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS