cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can not create a dispute

Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
11 of 17

Hi Ollie,

I'm sorry that this contract did not go as expected. As some of the members of the community have shared, you will only be able to dispute the hours your freelancer logged last week. You should be able to file a dispute by going to Jobs > All Contracts > Freelancer/Contract Name. There should be a green dispute button where you can dispute last week's hours. 

As per the Hourly Protection for Clients article, you will only be able to dispute for hours logged in the work diary during the dispute period. The dispute period is the week after your freelancer's work week. In this case, you will only be able to dispute the hours logged for the week of 3-9 July, this week starting 10-July, Monday 12NN UTC up to Friday, 14-July. 

-Avery
Untitled
Ollie A Member Since: Jul 9, 2017
12 of 17

I had to pause the contract to stop anymore work being done and then  as it says on your instructions resolve the issue with the freelancers.

I so i have the discussion with him about the outcome of his work which has not resulted in any improvement to the google speed test in fact it has gone backwards.

Then the next step to prevent any more damage was to lock out the freelancer from the credentials of server, sites and additional accounts he had to use to gain settings.

That all occurred over Friday, Saturday and Sunday. 

Now i am here and he is about to debit my money and i am spending money with other developers to fix up what he has caused.

All this is not fair and your system is flawed to not be able to have a client stop payment.

PS there is no option or green button other than the one that says "Restart Contract"

Thanks you in advance.

Ollie

Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
13 of 17

Hi Ollie,

Following up on the information Avery shared, the dispute button will show up today at 12 noon UTC and will be available until the end of the client review period on Friday at 23:59 UTC. Your freelancer can still make adjustments to the time they logged and if you can't come to an agreement, you can dispute the last week's hours and go through the procedure described in this Help article.

Ollie A Member Since: Jul 9, 2017
14 of 17

As much as you have all reached out i think it is time for you to contact me via some customer service portal other than a forum.

I have waited not more than 48 hours to see if this disputes button pops up but nowhere against this contract or any other contract i have is there a disputes button.

I have looked under Myjobs/Contracts/Specific Contract Name,

I have looked in the actual contract as well and work diary with no luck.

I have withheld funds now and will do so until i have this resolved.

Regards and in good faith.

Ollie.

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
15 of 17

@Ollie A wrote:

I have withheld funds now and will do so until i have this resolved.

Your account will be suspended and all contracts put on hold if you do that.

To reiterate:

You can ONLY (!) dispute the hours logged last (!) week.

Also bear in mind that you can dispute only work diary issues:

• low activity levels
  • manual time
  • missing memo
  • not work-related screenshots.

The quality or lack of quality of the deliverable is not a ground for a dispute on an hourly contract.

Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
16 of 17

Hi Ollie, 

If you go to your Jobs tab > All Contracts > Contract title (with this freelancer), or this link, you will see that the dispute button is right under last week's hours. Please click on that to dispute the hours that your freelancer logged last week. 

Screen Shot 2017-07-12 at 12.12.49 PM.png

-Avery
Untitled
Community Guru
Jennifer D Member Since: Feb 15, 2016
17 of 17

As Petra noted, in an hourly contract you can only dispute hours if the freelancer is clearly not working on your project. In an hourly contract you are paying the freelancer for the time they have spent, not for a specific deliverable. You cannot dispute hours just because you're not happy with the quality of their work.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS