🐈
» Forums » Clients » Can someone bid for your account ?
Page options
holacali
Community Member

Can someone bid for your account ?

I wonder if it is possible to hire someone to bid on projects for your own account. This way I can save time and focus on doing the actual job. I know there is a way to add a team member to your account. However not sure if by adding a team member you can define a role for that member to bid on projects.

Thanks,

5 REPLIES 5
michael_skaggs
Community Member

I know as a client you can create an agency and give another account hiring privileges. But as far as I know there's no such corollary for freelancers.

And to be clear, allowing someone else to use your login information is against the ToS.

Thanks for the reply. 

Are you able to bid and win a project with an agency account or you can just hire freelancers ?

I found this link

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211062598-About-Agencies

It says when a freelancer working for an agency awarded a project, The agency will be involved. Can it be interpreted that a freelancer working for an agency is not able to bid for projects independently ? 

Thanks,

lysis10
Community Member

Seyed S wrote:

Thanks for the reply. 

Are you able to bid and win a project with an agency account or you can just hire freelancers ?

I found this link

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211062598-About-Agencies

It says when a freelancer working for an agency awarded a project, The agency will be involved. Can it be interpreted that a freelancer working for an agency is not able to bid for projects independently ? 

Thanks,

You can still bid on your main individual account if you are non-exclusive. But yes, when you bid with the agency account, the agency gets paid not you directly. 

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Seyed, 

There are two types of agency freelancers. A non-exclusive agency freelancer can work on contracts associated with an agency, and as an independent freelancer. An exclusive agency freelancer will only be able to bid and work for projects associated with their agency.

In an agency setup, the agency owner and/or business manage has the option to bid for projects for himself, or for his agency freelancers. 

Here are other help articles to help you understand the agency setup more. 

~ Avery
Upwork
lysis10
Community Member

I was going to do this with an agency, but the problem is you start with 0 everything on your agency profile. So, I wound up never wanting him to bid for me on my agency account when I found a good job. I wound up using my main freelancer profile because I had a much better chance of winning.

You kinda just started anyway, but that was my reasoning for nixing the idea.

Latest Articles
Learning Paths