🐈
» Forums » Clients » Re: Can't Change Email Address
Page options
apiando
Community Member

Can't Change Email Address

I cannot change the email address associated with my account.

When I request, that the email address be changed I am supposed to receive a confirmation email with a link to confirm the email address change.

However, what I am getting (sent to my old email address) looks like this:

"This email confirms that you changed the email address associated with your Upwork account. No further action is required.

Please contact Upwork Support if you did not authorize this change. "

That's not true.

The email address is still the same inside Upwork and the system only says:

"We sent a verification request to [my new email address]"

However, no email is ever sent to my new email address either.

I've checked the spam folder.

22 REPLIES 22
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Florian,

One of our agents will reach out to you shortly and assist you further with changing your email address associated with your account. 

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
48810bcb
Community Member

I have the same exact problem.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Frederic,

We'll have one of our team members reach out to you directly via support ticket and assist you further with your concern, thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi Bojan,

I am having the same problem. Thought I would reply on here rather than making a new thread.

Thank you.

Hi Jason,

Could you please click on my name and send me a PM with more information about your concern. I'll check that for you and assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
c78b0d5f
Community Member

Hello please, I've had to create a new up work account because I saw it was the only way but I'll delete it immediately but I am am unable to log into my upwork except on my mobile app that it's logged into on my phone. I can't reset my secuirity quistion and the icloud email I used to set it up isn't recieving the six digit code. I have tried to change the email but I suffer from this above problem.

Hi Achie,

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble accessing your account. Could you please click on my name and send me a private message with the registered email address of the account in question? I'll be happy to look into it. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
c78b0d5f
Community Member

Hello, I have sent you a private message. Please this might be rather urgent.

c78b0d5f
Community Member

thank you for replying

d69f0089
Community Member

Hey Luiggi, I'm Also having a similar issue... Would you mind giving me an extra hand? 

Thank you in advance. 

-MV

Hi Matheus,

I would be happy to help. I’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Nikola
Upwork
tomfoxcomics
Community Member

I am also having that same issue.

Hi Tom,

Could you please click on my name and send me a PM with the email address you want to use instead of the old one. I'll check that for you and assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

I have exact same problem... 

Hi Ellyn, 

A member of the Customer Support Team will reach out to you to assist you directly with your issue. 

~ Avery
Upwork
rosem21
Community Member

Is there a way I can change my email address? No option in the settings to update email
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Rosheil,

To update your account information, including the email address, please go to Settings - My Info (Contact Info).

Feel free to reach back to us if you need any further assistance.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

I am having the exact same problem.

Hi Dwayne,

Would you mind clarifying your concern? I can see that you processed a request to change your email address and you should follow the instructions received in order to complete the change. Don't hesitate to let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you,

~ Luiggi
Upwork
9d4eb9fb
Community Member

If you have a professional email address you have to check server settings and DNS etc

abdullah20006
Community Member

I am having the same problem. I confirm email many times but still my status is pending in contact information section.

Thanks in advance

Hi Abdullah,

We saw your post in the community and converted it into a support ticket to give it the attention it deserves. Rest assured that one of our agents will be reaching out to you with updates and further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Latest Articles
Learning Paths