🐈
» Forums » Clients » Can't Refund on Escrow Account for a Withdraw...
Page options
a_widjaja
Community Member

Can't Refund on Escrow Account for a Withdrawn oFFER

Hi,

I had hired a freelancer for my project who seemed okay at first. We chat back and forth and he even agreed on the date of the shooting (it was a videography project).

However, when I hired him, which means that I had to put a deposit to my escrow account (I was charged on my credit card already), he then asked for a raise.

Then I finally agreed to the number he asked eventhough it's 33% higher than my offer (just to save from hassle), but then he asked for another raise because Upwork will deduct some charges from the written fee and he wants a clean number.

So I withdrawn the offer, and now I need to withdraw the deposit I already put on my deposit. An article said that I should just 

1. Go to My Jobs to locate the contract
  2. Click the (...) options menu and select End contract
  3. Choose Pay nothing and request a refund or Pay another amount when ending the contract

But I can't find "End contract" on My Jobs. 

Please help. 😞 

Thank you!

5 REPLIES 5
prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "But I can't find 'End contract' on My Jobs."

You can often find this option under the "three dots" icon.

Don't get too fixated on the word "end."

Other words you can look for which do the same thing:

"Close Contract"

"Cancel Contract"

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Michael,

I checked this for you and it looks like that freelancer never accepted the offer you sent them, so there is no active contract for you to end it. Once you have withdrawn the offer, this automatically initiated the refund of the funds you placed in Escrow. I also checked this refund status for you, and can confirm that your refund was successful on our end. You can check this in your Transactions. After the refund is initiated, it typically takes 2 to 5 business days for the money to be refunded back to your credit card. 

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
a_widjaja
Community Member

Hi,

Thank you so much, it’s been helpful.
9059a0c7
Community Member

I'm having the same question. Thanks for this

Hi Hami,

Would you mind sharing more details related to your specific case? This is so we can better understand it and advise you. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
Latest Articles
Learning Paths