cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Can't add debit card to hire from UpWork

Vladimir D Member Since: Feb 7, 2019
1 of 10

I'm looking to hire translators but I can't add my credit card. I get a warning:

We are unable to authorize your card. Please add another billing method or contact your issuing bank.

I'm entering all information correctly, and there is nothing wrong with the card (it's a VISA Virtual card),  just days ago I purchased a few video games from Steam for my son.

Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
2 of 10

Upwork needs you to use a real credit card. A debit card or virtual card typically won't work.

Highlighted
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
3 of 10

Hi Vladimir,

As Preston has noted, please know that virtual credit cards, debit cards, and gift cards are not accepted as billing methods on Upwork. 

You may read this help article for more information on the different billing methods supported on Upwork.

-Avery
Untitled
4 of 10

I don't feel too comfortable using my credit card. I normally use my VISA Virtuon card to pay stuff on the internet.

Can I use my PayPal to pay freelancers?

Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
5 of 10

Hi Vladimir,

You will need to have a verified PayPal account in order to be able to set it up as a billing method. To learn more about this please refer to the help article Avery shared, thank you.

Untitled
6 of 10

Hi there Goran,

I do have a verified PayPal account. I just can't seem to find the option to add it as a payment method on UpWork.

Both UpWork and my PayPal account are on the same email address.

7 of 10

Hi Vladimir,

Please go to Settings > Billing Methods and click on the Add Method button to add your PayPal account, thank you.

Untitled
8 of 10

I've attached a screenshot of what I see when I click on "Add Method" in the Billing Methods tab. I don't see a PayPal option anywhere. What am I doing wrong? Thank you.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

9 of 10

Hi Vladimir,

One of our team members just reached out to you via ticket to assist you further with your billing method. You can access your tickets on this Link, thank you.

Untitled
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
10 of 10

Vladimir D wrote:

I do have a verified PayPal account. I just can't seem to find the option to add it as a payment method on UpWork.

Both UpWork and my PayPal account are on the same email address.

Then you are in a country where PayPal can not be used as a billing method.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS