🐈
» Forums » Clients » Re: Can't download my files
Page options
c6729987
Community Member

Can't download my files

Hi!

I can't download the files from my order and since it's my first time using upwork, I'm not even sure if it is a technical issue. I can click on them, then they open in a separate tab, but nothing else. I don't see a download button and the download doesn't start automatically? I'm using Chrome. Is there an issue or I'm doing something wrong?

Thanks!

26 REPLIES 26
kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Hi Tina,

Are you referring to files sent to you by the freelancer as milestone submission? Could you please go to Job, click on the name of the contract, go to Milestones and Payments and click on the milestone to view submitted files? Let us know if you are not able to access files that way.

~ Valeria
Upwork

Yes, the files are from a completed job and I access them as you mentioned. I can view them but I can't download them. I can only save them Using the right-click options, but I thought there should be a dedicated button or something. Is that an issue or am I supposed to do save them like that?
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Tina, 

I investigated this further with the Customer Support team and it looks like we have a bug affecting the files submitted in the contract. As per the team, it is meant to auto-download. They will create a ticket on your behalf and will escalate this to the Technical Support Team. 

~ Avery
Upwork
70db8a98
Community Member

I am having the same problem. I can't right click to Save or download. It opens the file in a new window only.

I am on the latest version of Chrome iOS.

Please help!

Hi Tricia,

Our team will contact you directly and assist you further with this, thank you!

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi, is there any resolution to this? I am having the same issue. All i’m Able to do is click on the link and it opens in a new window; no download option. I can right click to save the file but when I look at the saved file the dimensions have changed! Please help.

Hi there,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket and assist you further with gaining an access to  the files. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello,

I'm having trouble downloading the files I paid for (company logo job) from upwork to google chrome and my gmail. On google chrome its blank and when forward to gmail, it does not open. Please give me some help. Thanks

re: "I'm having trouble downloading the files I paid for (company logo job) from upwork to google chrome and my gmail. On google chrome its blank and when forward to gmail, it does not open. Please give me some help."

I never ask Upwork to help transfer files. I don't have time for that.

Better to do it yourself.

Use Dropbox, FTP, email, Google Drive, Microsoft One Drive, WeTransfer, USB flash drive, etc.

Use whatever the client and freelancer want to use.

cdf40b9d
Community Member

Hello,

I am having the same problem as well, Please help.

Brent

re: "I am having the same problem as well, Please help."

You don't need help from anybody.

You can do this yourself.

Right now, without waiting for anybody.

The answers are in this thread. If you don't know exactly what to do, then just provide some more details, and I will tell you what to do.

This can be solved immediately.

I am also having exactly the same problem.

What do I do?

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Jim, 

Have you tried clearing your cache, and cookies or used a different browser? Please share the notification/error that you get on your end so that we can look into this further.

~ Avery
Upwork
2611865e
Community Member

It's three years after these posts started and Upworks still has the same issues. I done multiple projects on Upworks and I haven't been able todownload them without asking the freelancer to email me. Including my current project. I would expect a site such as upworks to get their act toghether. Not impressed.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

I'm sorry to learn that this has been a concern for you for sometime now, Nosson. 

I checked your account, and I was unable to replicate your issue. I tried downloading files from the Messages page, and the Contract page, and was able to download the files without any errors. On your end, do you have any screen grabs or more information on what happens when you try to download files from your freelancers? I'll be happy to look into it further.

~ Avery
Upwork

I just checked again, there is absolutely  no button or option to download the files. I click on them and they open without downloading or any option to do so.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Nosson, 

You should be able to click on the the file name to automatically download the file. Please let me know if this isn't the case for you so that I can look into it further.Screen Shot 2019-11-15 at 1.22.26 PM.png

~ Avery
Upwork

Nosson Fishman
8:41 AM (6 hours ago)
to Upwork
That is not the case by me. I click on them and they open but they don't
download.
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Nosson,

Once the file you clink on gets opened in the new tab, you can right-click on it and chose the ''save image as'' to download it to your folder.

I hope this helped.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
aa1f6810
Community Member

same problem. Why can't I download the files. Stupid system not very clear. 

iamchocoholic
Community Member

Hi. 

I sent my artwork submission to my client and according to her, she cannot download the file.  Please help.

Thanks,

Jean

Hi Jean,

Please reach out to me via PM (click on my name) with your contract ID and our team will reach out to your client and assist them further. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I am having this issue - I see it goes back three years or more on Upwork.  The image opens in another tab, but will not download.  I donot want to use a new browser. If I right click on the image, it will give me an image, not the file that I need downloaded.  Can this issue be fixed please?  

Hi Barb,

If you're on a new tab with the image open, you can right-click on the image and select "Save image" to download the file to your computer.

Hope this is helpful,

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
da819262
Community Member

Thank you, but that does not work as it is a PSD file. I need the whole file, layers, etc. 

Hi Barb,

Thank you for clarifying. In that case, your freelancer will need to send you a .psd file instead of an image file like .jpg or .png. Alternatively, .tiff image files also have the ability to carry layers.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
Latest Articles
Learning Paths