cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't get customer support. Where is everyone?

Andrew D Member Since: Aug 19, 2017
1 of 4

**Extremely Urgent**

You closed my support request without contacting me. The problem is clearly still unresolved, as the BYO Upworker concerned still can't get paid, and has therefore stopped work. Closing the problem in this manner is totally unacceptable and I am really dismayed by the poor level of customer support.

The problem has become much more acute. All my Upworkers are about to have their contracts paused because of this problem. I am explaining to them that this is because of poor support and protocols on the part of Upwork.

The BYO Upworker concerned is known to me and I have vouched for him. This is what BYO Upworkers are all about. I don't NEED you to put my Freelancer through video verification.

Because of your actions, my ability to deliver to my customers has been severely impacted. As I said, this is unacceptable, and so I am working out how to take my project and my contractors elsewhere.

Andrew Donald
Account Owner
Anru Services (HK) Ltd

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
2 of 4

@Andrew D wrote:
I don't NEED you to put my Freelancer through video verification.

You don't need it, no.

But Upwork has the absolute right, and in many cases may have a legal duty, to verify what they believe they need to verify.

If the freelancer is legitimate he will have no problem doing the 2 minute chat.

Your support ticket was likely merged into an existing one as there should never be several tickets about the same situation, as that only slows down the resolution of a matter.

That said, whether that freelancer is BYO or not has no bearing on the fact that Upwork won't discuss the account issues of one user (the freelancer) with another (a client)

Community Guru
Tiffany S Member Since: Jan 15, 2016
3 of 4

Andrew, I understand your frustration, but it's a real shame you've chosen to make all of your freelancers victims of this situation. I can guarantee you that they have exactly zero leverage with Upwork, so if you are hoping this will help put pressure on Upwork, you're going to be disappointed. Pausing their contracts will accomplish absolutely nothing except interrupting the incomes of several people who are in no way responsible for your problem.

Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
4 of 4

Hi Andrew,

I'm sorry about the problem your freelancer's account status created. I reviewed your communication with Customer Support and can confirm our team shared accurate and timely information regarding the request sent to the freelancer you brought and hired on Upwork, and the subsequent actions taken on their account due to not responding to our team's request. Please note that your ticket isn't closed and you were able to follow up the updates our team posted yesterday and earlier today.

The process your freelancer was asked to go through is universally applied to all freelancers, including the ones hired through the BYOC program, and as our team confirmed we can't make exceptions in regards to this initiative. The process does take only a few minutes to complete so please advise your freelancer to follow our team's instructions in order to lift the hold placed on their account. Thank you.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS