🐈
» Forums » Clients » Can't get proposals from freelancers
Page options
d24e7d8f
Community Member

Can't get proposals from freelancers

I posted a job about a fortnight ago which requires a Linux Systems Administrator. I invited at least 7 freelancers but many did not respond. How can I attract freelancers to send proposals ?

7 REPLIES 7
resultsassoc
Community Member

First, you are on the right track. When I was an active freelancer I never responded to jobs with more than ten invitations, because at my level there weren't nine other providers on the platform who were qualified for the work if it interested me.

Second, are you tailoring the invitation message ech receives? Personalized invitations get more attention than "Dear Occupant" ones. Third, are you always careful to ask for clarifying questions (they are more helpful to you than the freelancer).

cyber_sec007
Community Member

Making the rate decent helps a lot. 

luce-neidert
Community Member

Also, writing a clear and precise job description helps. Unless I'm really interested for some reason or another, I don't see the point of wasting connects to contact someone whose job offer is a riddle.

rmeske
Community Member

This is an issue that lives on today for many clients.

1c25a87f
Community Member

I'm thrilled to be here today as a new freelancer on Upwork. As a newbie, I'm excited to dive in and learn as much as I can about this platform and the opportunities it offers. While I may be new to Upwork, I bring with me a passion for my work and a commitment to delivering high-quality results for my clients. I'm eager to connect with clients who need my skills and determination, and to help them achieve their goals.

This is not a great way to do that. It makes you look unprofessional and desperate.

2e793e5b
Community Member

To attract more freelancers to send proposals for your Linux Systems Administrator job, you can try the following strategies:

1. Improve your job posting: Ensure that your job description clearly outlines the requirements, responsibilities, and desired skills for the role. Make it compelling and detailed to attract freelancers' attention.

2. Offer competitive compensation: Consider offering a competitive rate for the job to make it more attractive to freelancers. Research the market rates for similar roles to ensure you're offering a fair compensation package.

3. Highlight project details: Provide specific details about the project, including its scope, duration, and any unique aspects that make it interesting. This can pique freelancers' curiosity and make them more likely to send proposals.

4. Actively search and invite freelancers: Instead of waiting for freelancers to come to you, actively search for freelancers with relevant skills and invite them to submit proposals. Personalized invitations can increase the chances of getting a response.

5. Promote positive reviews and ratings: If you have worked with freelancers in the past and received positive feedback, highlight these reviews in your job posting. Positive reviews can help build trust and attract more freelancers to apply.

6. Utilize multiple platforms: Expand your reach by posting your job on multiple freelancing platforms and websites. Different platforms attract different freelancers, so increasing your visibility across various platforms can attract a wider pool of candidates.

7. Provide clear communication channels: Ensure that you have provided clear and easily accessible communication channels, such as email or messaging platforms, for freelancers to reach out with questions or clarifications.

By implementing these strategies, you can increase the chances of attracting more freelancers to send proposals for your Linux Systems Administrator job.

Latest Articles
Learning Paths