🐈
» Forums » Clients » Re: Can't hire freelancer
Page options
kranl
Community Member

Can't hire freelancer

Hi. I have a client account. I have successfully verified the billing method (paypal) but still can't hire freelancer (there simply is no option for that?!). Please fix the problem. Thanks.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Matthias,

The account you`ve opened is a freelancer profile, to open a client profile go to Settings > My Teams > Create a New account. Once you`ve opened a client profile you will be able to post jobs and hire freelancers. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
petra_r
Community Member

Matthias K wrote:

Hi. I have a client account. I have successfully verified the billing method (paypal) but still can't hire freelancer (there simply is no option for that?!). Please fix the problem. Thanks.

Does your the top of your account interface look like this?

client interface.jpg

Is it a particular freelancer you can't hire? If yes, make sure you are in your client account (not your freelancer profile) and that the freelancer you want to hire is fully approved, not restricted or suspended, and not connected to you.

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Matthias,

The account you`ve opened is a freelancer profile, to open a client profile go to Settings > My Teams > Create a New account. Once you`ve opened a client profile you will be able to post jobs and hire freelancers. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

try but it says bill payment is not verified so i did that and still nothing

Hi Milton,

I checked and it looks like you have a Freelancer and a Client account. Please know that, in order to use a Payment Method to hire, you'll need to add it to your Client account as well, even if it already added as a Billing Method on your Freelancer account.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork

yes it won't let me do that I tried on phone and pc

Hi MIlton,

I’ve shared your concern with the team. One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
Latest Articles
Learning Paths