cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't read any messages

Matt F Member Since: Jul 20, 2015
1 of 9

Whenever I click the "Messages" link at the top of the page, I get an error message. I basically can't read any messages. However, if I directly type in this following URL, I can read my messages - this was the fix that UpWork tech support gave me...

upwork.com/message-center/inbox/#

That's not much of a solution and I wonder how long it will be effective for.

Shouldn't the "message" link at teh top of the page work error-free? I'm opening an account at freelancer if this doesn't get fixed in a couple of days. This is such a waste of time.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Community Guru
Natasa R Member Since: Feb 2, 2012
2 of 9

Hi Matt, 

I have had issues with the new messaging system too (the few times I have used it). 

2015-07-20_1405.png

That's not the only issue though. I tried to upload three files yesterday and it took me 3-5 attempts for each file to upload them. It was really annoying. The link the support gave you works a lot better and faster. 

"Shouldn't the "message" link at teh top of the page work error-free?"

Yes, it should... but this is Upwork. 

Matt F Member Since: Jul 20, 2015
3 of 9

I've had the same exact problem with the upload as well. Typically, I try to upload 1 of 3 files, and it won't work. So, I'll try to upload the third file - and it will work. Then, I got back to try the first file again and it work ?!?!

I hope you contact tech support about the message problem as well. It seems that fixing this isn't top on their list of priorities at this point. More people need to write in.

Community Guru
Natasa R Member Since: Feb 2, 2012
4 of 9

You are absolutely correct Matt. This is not on their priority list. Trust me, they know people are complaining. We are definitey not the only ones to have issues with uploading files. If you saw the tickets on my page, you would be surprised to see how many technincal bugs I am complaining about. 

I wish they had a toggle switch button so we could switch back to the old message system. 

Community Guru
Ela K Member Since: Feb 9, 2015
5 of 9

@Natasa R wrote:

I wish they had a toggle switch button so we could switch back to the old message system. 

https://www.upwork.com/message-center/inbox/#

Benjamin S Member Since: Dec 21, 2015
6 of 9

I still cannot read any messges and I have 17 unread I will be canceling my membership and mass mailing not to use this site. Elance had no problems. 

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
7 of 9

Hi Benjamin,

I am sorry about the frustration and confusion you are experiencing. Could you please provide more details? Are you receiving any error when you go to your Messages tab? I see that you have messages there and some of them were read by you on Saturday.

Please, let us know if we can assist  you with anything or submit a ticket to Customer Support.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Paul M Member Since: Jun 25, 2019
8 of 9

Why can't I show any messages in message box?

Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
9 of 9

Sorry to hear you are having issues with Messages, Paul. Could you, please, refer to this help article for troubleshooting tips and let us know if you still experience issues after applying them.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Untitled
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS