Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't read message from freelancer

Highlighted
Spoiala A Member Since: Jul 23, 2016
1 of 12

Hello!

I posted a job earlier and invited a freelancer which replied. But when I try to read his message, the Upwork home page opens in the place where the message should be. The same happens when I try to send him a message. What should I do? The work I posted is pretty urgent. 

Thanks in advance!

Highlighted
2 of 12

Also, I'm not sure how it should be since it's the first time posting as a client, but when I open the message tab I am automatically redirected to the jobs home page. Shouldn't the usual page with message rooms open like it does for freelancers? Or is it different for clients?

Highlighted
Community Guru
Wendy C Member Since: Aug 24, 2015
3 of 12

Spoiala. I flagged your request for help so a moderator should be here shortly.

You are apparently having a technical issue that none of us will be able to resolve.

Highlighted
4 of 12

Thank you!

I have no idea how but I managed to choose my own reply as a solution. The problem is not yet solved. Please help! 

Highlighted
Mary D Member Since: May 18, 2016
5 of 12

I am having the exact same issue!!!

Highlighted
Community Guru
Natacha R Member Since: Aug 2, 2010
6 of 12

@Spoiala A wrote:

Also, I'm not sure how it should be since it's the first time posting as a client, but when I open the message tab I am automatically redirected to the jobs home page. Shouldn't the usual page with message rooms open like it does for freelancers? Or is it different for clients?

It should take you to the message center. It looks like you created a freelance account.

Highlighted
Mary D Member Since: May 18, 2016
7 of 12

I am both a freelancer and client. I recently added the client portion, posted jobs and have received messages but when I click on "messages", it appears to load but then takes me right back to the page to view my projects. 

I've tried clicking on messages beside freelancer's name, same thing happens. I'm confused!

Mary

Highlighted
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
8 of 12

Hi Spoiala and Mary,

I could replicate the issue you are having and have escalated it to our engineers. I'll provide updates as soon as I hear back.

Sorry about the inconvenience.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Highlighted
Community Guru
Natacha R Member Since: Aug 2, 2010
9 of 12

I guess it’s glitch affecting some accounts, mine is fine.

Highlighted
10 of 12

Working now! Thank you so much!

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS