🐈
» Forums » Clients » Can't seem to be able to HIRE the designer.
Page options
89bfe2d0
Community Member

Can't seem to be able to HIRE the designer.

I thought I had hired a designer on Friday Feb 7th. There was one message between us. He would present a design to me today. Yet, it says I have hired 0 people. His text messages on my computer screen are flickering all the time and won't allow me to answer. And very difficult to read. What is the problem and how can I fix this to get my work done? Please advise ASAP.

4 REPLIES 4
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Volker, 

I checked your account and it doesn't look like you have an open contract with the freelancer you are referring to. Have you already sent them an offer, and have they accepted this offer? In order to start a contract with a freelancer, you will have to send an offer to the freelancer you wish to hire, and they have to accept this offer. Your active contracts will be listed on your Contracts page (Jobs > Contracts). If they are yet to accept the offer, please send them a gentle reminder to do so. 

As for your issue, could you please try clearing your cookies, or using a different browser to see if the issue persists? I was unable to replicate it. Please let me know if the issue persists so that I can assist you further. 

~ Avery
Upwork
89bfe2d0
Community Member

Hello,
Thank you for your quick reply.
I changed from Safari to Firefox browser and it seems to work better, but…

It says:
HIRED 0.
PENDING OFFER 1.
No active contracts.

Yet, the MESSAGE from the designer says: “got the offer and deposit.”
( that’s good!)

Also, shows Contract as:
“offer sent three days ago”
Very confusing!
Any idea what’s going on?
Volker **edited for Community Guidelines**

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Volker, 

I can confirm that the freelancer is yet to accept the offer on their end. They will need to accept the offer on their end so that the contract is automatically created between you and the freelancer. Please let the freelancer know to accept the offer so that both of you can start working on the project. 

~ Avery
Upwork

If you sent an offer to a freelancer, and that freelancer has not accepted the offer...

...Then there are some very real possibilities:

- The freelancer is new to Upwork and doesn't understand how to properly accept the offer

- The freelancer has seen your offer and has no interest in accepting the offer

- The freelancer is not currently using Upwork and has not seen your offer; may not see it for days or weeks to come

If you need a particular task done, then you could simply hire somebody else.

Latest Articles
Learning Paths