🐈
» Forums » Clients » Re: Can you refresh a job post?
Page options
versailles
Community Member

Can you refresh a job post?

Can you refresh a job post and make it appear on the top of the listing again? For instance after having edited its description?

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless
ACCEPTED SOLUTION
JoanneP

Hi Rene,

~ Joanne
Upwork

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
JoanneP

Hi Rene,

~ Joanne
Upwork

Joanne Marie P wrote:

Hi Rene,

Yes, making a few updates on your job post refreshes it, and it is helpful especially if you are looking to get more proposals.  However, this doesn't guarantee that this will show at the top of all searches since the freelancer view varies. 

Joanne, what you said didn't work so I spoke with CS and here's their reply:

I'm sorry for any miscommunication the information on that post you linked may have caused. Refreshing a job post by editing it and saving those edits will only prevent the job post from expiring and automatically closing, this will automatically happen if a job post is left idle for 30 days with no edits or hires. 

The only way to move your job post up the search list would be to upgrade the job post to a Featured job, which will give you the option to "boost" your job post by bumping it back up the list while it's still active. You can read more about featured jobs in this help article -Featured Jobs

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless

I apologize for the confusion my response may have created, Rene. As I've mentioned, updating a job post doesn't place it on top of searches. Yes, only upgrading a job as Featured would do that. Updating it may still help attract more proposals, however, especially if you are adding more details about the job. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
Latest Articles
Learning Paths